• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Failed to install app 215360

Hey there are a bunch of us with this problem. I have been looking into this for a few days because or main trusted line of help Yoshiro isn't in office till Jan 1st unfortunately. There are a few things I do notice in terms of separate errors but I don't know if they all cause the issue. The first one is the "Failed to Load libsteam.so" when launching ./steamcmd in the /steamcmd/linux32 directory. The next one I noticed was the Installing exception breakpad or something like that but that was somehow fixed. Then theres the main issue "Failed to install app 215360" issue. There is also that after a while when you launch the "STEAMEXE=steamcmd ./steam.sh" command nothing happens at all. Someone did mention that steamCMD was trying to detect if you are running Ubuntu 12.04 but I am proof that not even that OS is allowing KF to be installed. However SteamCMD is allowing other games like CS:GO to be installed. So this is either a combination of VALVE and TWI or just TWI. Because from what I see the KF Server is the only issue I have come across.

Upvote 0
I think we are seeing a number change... 215360 will no longer point to KF linux maybe

Don't think that's true as I have updated 7 Linux servers last night and the same Linux servers again earlier using 215360.

i'm hosting on windows and I use 215350 (not 360)

it works for me ;D

Windows uses a different number than Linux.

Upvote 0
I am surely off here... it seemed to me more new setups were having issue than existing ones from what I was seeing in the postings. So it was seeming to me that existing stuff was ok with 215360 but new installs were not ok with that.

More likely answer is that steamcmd is broken.
I did have an issue with mine not so long ago but I just ended up nuking it and setting it up again.

Upvote 0