• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Failed to create D3D device crash

Vlad S

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2018
Good evening.

I hope I didn't break any rule creating a new post - I tried to find a solution to my problem by just reading some other topics - no results (or I just couldn't locate it).

After some quite long pause, I decided to play again RO2 - which was installed on my PC.
But it seems I made some... mistakes during the last years, and/or deleted some files (though I am quite sure I didn't).

So, at launch, I get the message attached to this post.
After checked on Google, I tried: verify integrity of files, deleted that .ini file, restart PC, modify set launch option to older DirectX and even forced a lower resolution. Nothing worked.
Of course, I can just uninstall and reinstall the game - but this might also not help (should I try it, though ?).

Any ideas of what might cause this crash ?

Thank you,
Vlad S

LE: It seems I can't upload a printscreen.

The text of that error is "failed to create D3D device. If this persists, delete the ROEngine.ini file from the config directory. ALso make sure that your desktop resolution is not higher than 1920x1080. If none of this helps, post this issue in the support section of tripwire forums and mention this error".