• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Extending from gorefast

mmnicolas

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
I was looking at ZombieGorefastMix and I thought it would be neat to make a special gorefast using the frosty scrake model, and it works except for the sound effects somehow. Whatever I try it seems to get stuck with Xmas gorefast sound effects, in the end I tried extending from zombiegorefast and reusing sound-related properties from _STANDARD, still stuck with those sound effects.

Here's what I got:

Spoiler!

When trying to replace the sounds with the frost scrake sounds, lots of them we're working, notably what I think are ChallengeSounds but whenever he swings (what I thought was MeleeAttackHitSound) we can hear the xmas gorefast.

Last edited:
Code:
simulated function BeginPlay()
{
   [COLOR=Red] LinkSkelAnim(MeshAnimation'GoreFast_Anim');[/COLOR]
    Super.BeginPlay();
}
Doesn't this need a package specifier?
GoreFast_Anim is a mesh animation that exists in all event packages so I assume it would be a good idea to specify you mean KF_Freaks_Trip's GoreFast_Anim. However...

When trying to replace the sounds with the frost scrake sounds, lots of them we're working, notably what I think are ChallengeSounds but whenever he swings (what I thought was MeleeAttackHitSound) we can hear the xmas gorefast.
Those are the ones you set, yeah. PooSH is right when he says:
Check out animation file. Maybe animations have notifies which trigger sounds.
There are something like ~50 anim notifies that are hard-coded to play specific sounds in gorefast's code

I'd advise you adapt the gorefast code to the frost scrake anim instead of the other way around. It'll save you a lot of trouble.

Upvote 0
Doesn't this need a package specifier?
No, if animation is in the same package as mesh.

I'd advise you adapt the gorefast code to the frost scrake anim instead of the other way around. It'll save you a lot of trouble.
Nah, today I've seen ColdCutter in the action, and it looks hilarious. I'm suggesting to copy animation set into new package and edit all notifies. It is long and boring job, but imo it is worth of it.
Or just leave Gorefast's sounds - it isn't that bad.

Upvote 0
Whoa thanks, that's enlightening. It seemed too easy so far :p

I looked up the gorefast_anim and it seems under every package the notifies point to the circus sound effects somehow... I'll try exporting this to a standalone package and change it to see how it goes.

(Might take a while, I have no idea what I'm doing)

Upvote 0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n0b2uysLM4

It turns out specifiying the non-xmas package for the gorefast_anim worked, so now it doesn't sound too weird to have the Xmas scrake challengesounds over the regular gorefast swings. Gave him a ninja cloak and a darkened texture along the way :)

Now he just needs a new name

edit: been trying to post a youtube video here /watch?v=7n0b2uysLM4

Last edited:
Upvote 0