• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Expectations for Killing Floor 2 [2021]

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
This is a post where I write my thought on what I guess tripwire will do with the game in 2021, and this is based on what we've seen so far from the developers:
  • More buffs for the berserker: Because apparently they want to turn him into another swat + commando with more ranged weapons (maybe delete the other two?). I guess he will have 15 ranged weapons? maybe the commando and swat weapons will be cross-perked with him. Maybe they'll remove these two perks entirely
  • More buffs to the medic: Why? because the medic is supposed to do everything and kill everyone in this game (Oh and the team needs a medic). Maybe they're gonna add another 10 HRG weapons to him and another 50% bonus movement speed :) And an HRG RPG-7 that kills bosses with one shot. Because why not?
  • More buffs to the Gunslinger: Apparently he is not strong enough, especially that they added the 7.5% damage to his (Steady) skill. Not to mention that the SWAT perk is not irrelevant since the GS got the glocks and they can be paired with RAU! So maybe 2 more buffs will do, because why not.
  • More DLC weapons that BREAK the game: This one is pretty obvious
  • SWAT, Survivalist: They will be kept as they are, Why? because they're weak and meant to be weak. And they might be nerfed, maybe remove the 100% magazine from the swat and remove the damage resistance from the Survivalist
My guess is that the game will stay as broken as it is, the company doesn't care. I have one GOOD advice to Tripwire: DON'T ADVERTISE YOUR GAME IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO FIX IT.

Last edited:
What they'll do? More of the same probably. Judging by their official announcement regarding the state of the game, we're in for yet another year of "four updates linked to the same events" with probably the same formula : five tasks to complete in order to get an exclusive item. Between 2 and 4 weapons, half of them being DLCs. And 1 or 2 maps each time. Rinse and repeat.

That may come across as cynical, but I'm one of those guys who still loves to be surprised by video games. Of course it's harder and harder as time rolls by (I mean... What HASN'T been done by now??) and my own, rich experience surely makes me a bit bored with everything (something I wish to nobody : not being excited about most things makes for a dull and grey life)

But at that point... I would take anything BUT that for Killing Floor 2. Sure, most of the last weapons added some flair and interesting capabilities to the game. I find them rarely, if ever, boring. But when you know exactly what you're going to get... I don't know, it just doesn't feel "special" anymore.

And if weapons still manage to be interesting, maps are anything but. I'm deeply sorry for the community members who introduced the last few maps, but most of them were very meh. But I mostly blame Tripwire for giving out very few assets to toy with. Look at this : last year we got "Biolapse" (yet again futuristic labs), "Desolation" (yet another military base) and Elysium (one of those mish-mash maps that contains everything that doesn't blend together at all)

Only Hellmark Station was truly remarkable. Both from a layout and aesthetic perspective. We want more of these.

Speaking of which, considering the community is quite active regarding map-making... Maybe they could "officialize" 3-4 maps each time rather than a single one?

At that point, anything that would blow away my expectations would be great. Something that makes me come back to the game more than once every three months to try out the new guns, get my reward and then leave after a single weekend.

As for your points, while I guess you're exaggerating on purpose (although sadly, it's not that far from the truth...), it is true that I would love for the weaker perks and/or the ones with the least weapons to get a smidgeon of love... At that point, everyone is well-stocked, but still, if you're going to add more, try to balance it out a little and make it coherent. Your point about a "healing RPG-7" is worryingly plausible. The medic got a Railgun and explosive device FFS. You can't just take every weapon in the game,slap some healing capabilities and call it a day. Or you might as well remove all the other perks.

Upvote 0