• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Expanding the Beta testing...

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Expanding the Beta testing...

Well, some of you may have already gathered: during this weekend we are expanding the Beta testing for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. There will be a number of places to be found across the net where you can get official Beta test keys, so keep your eyes peeled!

The next couple of sites to take a look at are:

Our old friends at ModDB have some keys to give away - rush over and take a look by clicking HERE.

The next place to go look is at 1UP. You can find the news story on their front page HERE, or by cliking through directly HERE. Of course, while you're at 1UP, stop and take a look at their Ostfront coverage in general!

As I said - keep a lookout for more keys through more sites over the weekend. Enjoy!

Varsity said:
I'm only getting 70kb/s on the download (ModDB staff perks, no waiting around here ;)). Is that normal? We're downloading from a seperate, secure content server or something, aren't we?
I believe that there's only one Valve content server hosting the RO beta, so everyone getting the beta has to get it from that particular server. But what do I know, I'm not in the beta.

Upvote 0
You got picked already? It said 2 days from now :( Can't believe I got in early this time! The benefits of staying up late and drinking! :D

Though the 1up site doesn't seem to be working for me now :\ I registered by now clicking the link in the email isn't working or just trying to access the site in general. Damnit I need both chances knowing my luck :(

Upvote 0
BicycleRepairMan said:
So, how many keys? you only had to reply to the news post right?? gimme!
We were given twelve.

twister said:
damn i probably have a bad timezone, cuz im just out off bed and probably allready to late for a key :(
I don't know about 1UP, but we are going to be drawing from a (virtual) hat. It doesn't matter when you enter.

Edit: whoops...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is lame as all the freash of the boat noobs get a chance to get keys while us lazy vetrens are complaining about not getting pm'd a key unstead of doing some forms to get a key for a game thats coming out this month and we have allready been playing the "alpha" for years.

Rave, rant; the most anoying thing is having to wait for ur credit card bill so you can fill out the steam form so you can buy the game!

Steam is just so anti-user all of the time its amazing anyone uses it.

Offtopic but can you change the colour of steam?
Is roof making a custom steam colour thing?
It should
PM me I havnt been pm'd in ages ;'(

Upvote 0
THG repo said:
This is lame as all the freash of the boat noobs get a chance to get keys while us lazy vetrens are complaining about not getting pm'd a key unstead of doing some forms to get a key for a game thats coming out this month and we have allready been playing the "alpha" for years.

Rave, rant; the most anoying thing is having to wait for ur credit card bill so you can fill out the steam form so you can buy the game!

Steam is just so anti-user all of the time its amazing anyone uses it.

Offtopic but can you change the colour of steam?
Is roof making a custom steam colour thing?
It should
PM me I havnt been pm'd in ages ;'(

well nothing lame about it, why would you have more rights becuz you have played the mod? you had your reward for that: the fun off playing it. everybody is going to pay the same amount, so we all have the same rights. but offcourse i do know what you mean, and i would be happy if you would get a beta key ;)

Upvote 0