• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Exclusive : Perks enabled on rented servers with 6+ slots

Well I think you shouldnt being advertising your servers with perks enabled...but instead just advertise servers with 6+ users now...because by default the servers will have perks enabled no matter what but wont progress...

---Stixsmaster

perks are enabled, only level up is not. its clearly stated when you order a server, not lost somewhere in the terms of conditions.

and as far as i know im still only GSP supporting 6+ slots.

Upvote 0
I never said you werent the only 1 providing 6+ servers anymore I just simply stating that saying you are the only that can do it and has it so that perks are ENABLED is stupid because I mean any GSP can provide a 6+ server and by default the perks would be ENABLED but there would be no leveling up...so technically yes I read your order form you are not anywhere on your site doing anything wrong but how you advertise is very misleading to many now...

Hence why you should delete the part in your ads about having perks enabled...and instead just mention the 6+ players...

to be clearer for you...

Perks on 6+ servers by default for the game now are enabled pretty much no matter what unless a mapper says other wise in code or you config server not to allow use of them...even tho by default they will be set on...and well no matter what these servers will never have progressive perks...

So dont mention stuff that is obvious about the game in your ads and just advertise about what is now the only diff between you and other GSP....

---Stixsmaster

Upvote 0
again it is clearly stated on roxservers.com KF order form, here is a copy paste :

Note that by default the game supports 6 slots.
RoxServers.com is using its own private tool to create 6+ slots servers with PERKS ENABLED but no level up.

Ppl who rent 6+ slots want fun and mostly dont care about the levelling up, they tho want to be able to use the perks they earned.

About other GSP's I can guarantee you regarding how many PM's and emails I received that they seem to be not able to provide this service and those who are able to are not doing it. Most of GSP's dont play the games they host so they dont know what players are expecting and the few who play KF seem to be not able to provide 6+ slots (yet) as they asked me how I managed to do it ; also mean they dont bother reading this forum, I can guarantee you that cuz theres a thread about 6+ players on TCAdmin forums where some GSP dont even know how to "manually" have 6+ players.

here is a quote of what they posted :

Hmm, I have people telling me you can have 20 slots in killing floor, I seem to only get 6 slots.

Does anyone know how to get the server working for more than 6 slots

My guess is they are full of it, or someone has created a mod. Ask them to show you the 20 slot servers? I get requests all the time claiming more slots can be had on a game then I know the max as, but they never seem to have a larger one to show me and I never see larger ones. Customers allways love to claim it can be done, hoping you'll find a way.

O wow theres 50 slot servers.

also my clients said those servers work just fine

Does anyone have a mod/ or way to get more slots than 6 ??

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm completely with you:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=33353[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=33353[/URL]

And I'd love to see a whitelist for custom maps like they have a whitelist
for mutators.

Ive posted in ut topic, i would like to see this happen but i doub it will. Theres a big nonsense in TW policy about perks. They want to keep the game balanced but are not fixing the biggest "exploit" making that game totally unbalanced which is custom "level up" maps. Instead of that disabled perks progression on 6+ slots servers that are billion times more balanced than custom maps one.
People paid for the game they should have some liberty in chosing to play it how they like as far as its not "too much" unbalanced. Thats why I think some maps should be black listed and 6+ slots should be allowed without having to tweak the game. Just make a disclaimer saying the game is designed for 6 players and changing the max slots is under ur own responsability or whatever.

Upvote 0
I disagree with whitelisting of custom maps, this would only cause

1. a lot of work for the Tripwire Team
  2. a lot of "Why isn't my map whitelisted yet?" threads
If people want to level their perks with these "level up" maps then let them... who cares.

I also disagree to enable perks levelling on 6+ player server, simply because you request it in behalf of your own benefit and NOT on behalf of the community.
If you really would have a community spirit you would share the method how it's done and don't keep it as a secret.

Upvote 0
I disagree with whitelisting of custom maps, this would only cause

1. a lot of work for the Tripwire Team
  2. a lot of "Why isn't my map whitelisted yet?" threads
If people want to level their perks with these "level up" maps then let them... who cares.

I also disagree to enable perks levelling on 6+ player server, simply because you request it in behalf of your own benefit and NOT on behalf of the community.
If you really would have a community spirit you would share the method how it's done and don't keep it as a secret.

If on ur opinion "who cares" about level up maps then I would say "who cares" about 6+ slots servers.
Not to mention that I would liek to see them officially allowed which means It wouldnt be in my interest but against it since im only provider offering 6+ slots servers so far even tho if perks level up is now off. If they are officially added all GSP will be able to provide 6+ slots servers without any extra work or knowledge.

I would like to see 6+ slots servers allowed as a PLAYER and not as a GSP.

About the method I use theres no secret, many ppl are using it and different methods to manage it have been posted allready. You can tho blame other GSP's to not even spend a minute on trying to do this. The reason why I am only on providing it could be that I play the game and spent hours reading those forums and making tests. That was on my work time and thats why Im not just gona give the all made job to a competitor for the same reason Honda and Yamaha dont share their trade secrets.
Note that I made a proposition on GSP's forums to give the tip in counter part of a very small fee (to compensate hours spent on it) to ANY gsp interested as far as he had not same locations as I have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
multiplay.co.uk does provide the service, fyi...after the patch it now also has perks enabled, though I do not know how, if at all, ithas approached the kicking-after-new-level aspect of the problem. As for perks levelling up I do not know as I have not enquired further.

and thats a good news unless you have to type the command manually cuz I saw a GSP saying he was about to support 6+ slots but that customers would have to manually enter the command. Idk if he did it since I dont know what company he represented.
The more GSP will provide 6+ slots the best it will be for players who want to play on this kind of servers as the homemade ones are often lagging a lot and requiring manual intervention for the command thingie.

EDIT : I just saw that on their site "(*) Servers larger than 6 players are NOT officially supported by the developers, so may be unstable / crash more often and may not be lag free."
Supporting 6+ slots saying "may not be lag free" is unfair. If you make the choice to provide a "tweaked" service it must be with the same standards of quality. I anounced supporting up to 32 slots after several CPU / RAM tests knowing they would not give lag or crash (7 days uptime on 32 slots, mostly full and without lags on my HLSW monitor if not in game, stopped the test after 7 days since I weekly reboot the machines).

Last edited:
Upvote 0