• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Exclusive : Perks enabled on rented servers with 6+ slots

dimitrifrom31

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
RoxServers.com is announcing an exclusivity on its KillingFloor servers :

You can now have Perks Enabled on servers with more than the default 6 slots.
We are supporting up to 32 slots for the moment. We can discuss about a bigger slots amount tho.

How does it work? It is of course some kind of trade secret but basically we automated the task so you don't have to manually enter the max players command at map change. It is auto entered every 15 seconds by our robot to keep your server up with XX slots where XX is the slots amount you ordered (from 6 to 32).

Note that we support custom maps (default maps were designed for 6 players) and some are preinstalled on our KF servers (just need 1 click to install them from control panel).

Our 32 slots demo server :

Locations : Dallas, Texas and Paris, France

Last edited:
I bet this is their "robot".

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=447901&postcount=65

Anybody with half a brain can do that.

I use this method on my 12 Man-64 Zombie server and the CPU never goes over 40% usage. The memory usage of the server and the two FireFox tabs I have open never goes above 250MB in usage.

My server using a x2 5200+ 2.7GHz CPU, 2GB DDR2-800 RAM(Single stick) and a old IDE 250GB HDD. All on a 20/1 Mb connection :D

It's really nice to see the attempts being made to create Servers with more than 6 Players.
But what happens to those players during a map change? Most get kicked.
We already thought ahead of this. On our Servers people don't get kicked during a map change.
How we manage to do this is our secret though. :)

People don't get kicked off of my server either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People don't get kicked off of my server either.

Well usually with that fix you are using only 6 People stay after a Map Change and the rest gets kicked (due to the Limitation of the Game which with your fix is overrided by using a Server Command in-game).
But that fix only sets it back to 12 Players (or whatever you want) after the Server loaded the new Map.
At least that always happened in the other Servers I've been to that had more than 6 Players. (Might be outdated now though?).

We use a completely different approach, which proved to be a perfect solution.
I doubt there's another Server with our fix. :)

Upvote 0
Its cool and all but if you all really say its for the better of the game you should show people how to do it. or at least point them in the right directions.

Its cool you all figured it out without the kicks and hopfully you will find it in your heart to share the code for it.

spent time on it, my working time. I share many stuffs but not that one, not yet. There are already tricks to do it manually so ppl hosting homemade servers can use them. About rented servers you gota understand its a company secret and I cant share it for the same reasons CoCa Cola dont share its tips with Pepsi ;)

Upvote 0
I figured as much...glad you are enjoying the free advertising that tripwire is letting you have on there forums.

and players/tripwire enjoy the free public servers I host for gamers :)

If GSP werent providing their services Games wouldnt be sold as much as they are. As already mentionned its a relationship between 3 actors ie gamers-gsp's-tripwire where every1 got benefits :

gamers got servers to play on
GSP sell servers
TRipwire sell copies

Upvote 0
So let me get this straight: One user posts how to fix this issue publicly and you copy them, automate it, and call it your own "exclusive trade secret?"

That just sealed the deal on me keeping with my current server host.

u r from US arent u ? I dont got locations in US so dont bother trying to bs, I got an automated working stuff made on my own and im not goina explain how it works, u can believe w/e u want or try to guess the point is so far im only GSP supporting 6+ slots on KF and I just let ppl know cuz some players might be interested, period.

Upvote 0
u r from US arent u ? I dont got locations in US so dont bother trying to bs, I got an automated working stuff made on my own and im not goina explain how it works, u can believe w/e u want or try to guess the point is so far im only GSP supporting 6+ slots on KF and I just let ppl know cuz some players might be interested, period.

Yes, and the fact that you use chatspeak show's you're THAT much more of a 'legit' hosting company...

I was stating a fact, so yeah: I can believe whatever I want to believe, and that's based on a true/proveable fact. You took someones public fix for this issue and claimed not only that it was "exclusive" to your servers, but also that it was a "trade secret" which is an act of claiming it under your company's ownership. I don't care where your servers are located, or who you service, it's a bad practice. you shouldn't even be advertising in this section anyways...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, and the fact that you use chatspeak show's you're THAT much more of a 'legit' hosting company...

I was stating a fact, so yeah: I can believe whatever I want to believe, and that's based on a true/proveable fact. You took someones public fix for this issue and claimed not only that it was "exclusive" to your servers, but also that it was a "trade secret" which is an act of claiming it under your company's ownership. I don't care where your servers are located, or who you service, it's a bad practice. you shouldn't even be advertising in this section anyways...

Id rather ignore that, this is just another pointless comment as I didnt take any1 public fix or w/e. Just spent time on the problem and figured out how to bypass the slots limit, got it working and spreadign the info to players who could be interested in a rented 6+ slots server.
Now if you dont like it just ignore it, cant help that.

Ive always been wondering how comes some ppl actually bother posting that kind of useless comments and suppositions based on nothing and leading nowhere. This thread is obviously dedicated to ppl intested in a rented 6+ slots server and you dont seem to be one of them so you may have clicked the title by accident and felt forced to post something.
Thx for your participation, I got your "point", told you your wrong in your theory (tell me what companies are supporting 6+ sltos if your right about the non exclusivity), end of the story.

Last edited:
Upvote 0