• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Event Idea: Demons

Spartan1388

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
I was playing Solo in a Doom themed map, and i had this idea.

We have a difficulty that is called "Hell on Earth", we have achievements like "Demon Farmer", so why not a Demon Themed Event?

The Patriarch will have big Horns and everything, and all ZEDs will be Demon-like and "scary", they will make unearthly sounds and some might also have flames.

Maybe also some weapons like a Holy-Shotgun, or something in this fashion.

Do you mean this:
1024x576.resizedimage

Upvote 0
Not really. Doom was merely an inspiration.

What i had in mind was Demons with horns and "broken" skin, and general appearance like if they are straight out of Hell, you know, Scary and bad##s looking mean dudes, not overweight zombies and walking skeletons.

Those are demons though, just saying--and don't let their appearance deceive you, they will eat your face for breakfast.

I wouldn't mind something a bit creepier for an event, no less.

Upvote 0
If TWI did something like this, it'd better give me nightmares. I want to be scarred for life, or they shouldn't do it.

Bring back the Horror in Survival Horror!

Then two weeks later it's a meh flesh pound ;) I will say yes to all changes to make the game creepy but it will always be the same. Creepy/scary and then suddenly, nothing anymore apart from the odd moment when it suddenly is in your face.

Upvote 0
If TWI did something like this, it'd better give me nightmares. I want to be scarred for life, or they shouldn't do it.

Bring back the Horror in Survival Horror!

Please, for the sake of God, mind your words...

For many people more horror means pitch black dark maps, and weakened weapons. You know, damage modifiers of 2-3, and even twice or thrice more damage from ZEDs...

Of course i would like KF to be more horror, but some people, including myself, cannot be scarred easily, and this is why any horror feeling goes away after some time.
I personally like to believe that KF can have more of a Horror feeling, but in my opinion it would require things like realism.

The Demons now should be designed in a way to inspire fear. This does not mean beastly features and things like pointy ears and horns, these things do not scare us, what i think about in unhuman/unearthly features, as well as the stereotypical Demon features.

Upvote 0

I think you've mistaken me for someone else. Killing Floor just doesn't live up to the standard of Survival Horror, and never really has. There are Survival Horror games I've played for years, know every inch of them inside and out, and they still creep me out to no end.

Killing Floor doesn't have the same effect, sadly. Not even 1000 hours ago.

Then two weeks later it's a meh flesh pound ;) I will say yes to all changes to make the game creepy but it will always be the same. Creepy/scary and then suddenly, nothing anymore apart from the odd moment when it suddenly is in your face.

But at least with a creepy reskin, I can grab the assets and turn them into a mutator for my server. ;)

Upvote 0
I think you've mistaken me for someone else. Killing Floor just doesn't live up to the standard of Survival Horror, and never really has. There are Survival Horror games I've played for years, know every inch of them inside and out, and they still creep me out to no end.

Killing Floor doesn't have the same effect, sadly. Not even 1000 hours ago.

This is very interesting.
Can you share your experience?

Upvote 0
Solo can be somewhat scary.

But after some time, it is not.
I mean, for me, it is not scary. Not scary at all. Maybe i am not afraid easily.

Anyway, KF, is far from a "Horror" game, but any Demons should be "scary". The stereotypical demons just won't do.

The closest Solo gets to being scary for me is when I disable HUD. If I could, I'd leave it off all the time, but the lack of other player's health bars makes it impractical. :(

Upvote 0