• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server event id viewer in windows dedicated servers is not configured or not working properly or not in schemas

this is a feature request I guess:

when my kf2 dedicated server crashes, I get an error logged in the event viewer with the text below:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The description for Event ID 1 from source BugSplat cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like for event viewer to be configured to be able to log more information about a bug splat than nothing at all right now.

right now I have nothing to go by to troubleshoot why my server is crashing

here is some additional helpful links

well no feedback from anybody who could assist so ill post this tidbit

you can use the event viewer to auto start your server

in event viewer, select the bugsplat event and right click. in the menu, select "attach task to this event" and it will take you to "create a basic task" wizard.

In the wizard, name the task to whatever you want, then press next.
in the "when a specific event is logged" window, click next
in the action window, make sure "start a program" is selected and press next
in the "program/script" window, select browse and find the executable of the kf2 dedicated server installation. Example: D:\kf2v3\Binaries\Win64\KFServer.exe
in the "add arguments (optional)" window, put your parameters set in your batch file used to start the server. Example: kf-nuked?adminpassword="notrealpassword" multihome=192.168.1.1 port=7800 WebAdminPort=80 maxplayers=16
click next then finish.
open task in in task scheduler and select, "run with highest privileges" and press OK and to test, right click, select "Run"
if server starts up, it will work once server crashes because of bugsplat event in event viewer

hope this helps and I also hope devs updates the info displayed in the bugsplat event in event viewer

Upvote 0