• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Espire Update 1 Is Now Available

Espire Update 1 is starting to roll out on platforms starting now with the Steam and Oculus platforms. This update includes the following:

Feature Improvements
  • Redesigned the Comfort Settings UI, such that it is clear how to disable our comfort mode (The Espire Control Theater).
  • Redesigned the Smooth/Snap turn settings so that players now switch between smooth and snap turn modes and adjust the speed/intensity of each.
  • Added an option in the Display Settings to disable the blue detection level HUD lines.
  • Sliders in menus now disable their associated feature when hitting a minimum value.
  • Disabled the "Ghost Hand" feature, where motion controllers render on top of weapons if Espire's hands do not match the real-world location of the player's hand. We will look to bring this back as a purely optional feature in a later patch.
Platform Improvements
  • Adjusted the grip sensitivity of the Valve Index 'Knuckles' controllers. In a later patch, we will look to make this into a settings slider.
Audio Improvements
  • Added an option to disable voice lines for the repair/damage notifications.
  • Adjusted the frequency at which voice lines for repair/damage notifications play, while enabled.
AI Improvements
  • Added more shadowed hiding spots in various areas of the Espire Labs mission.
  • Adjusted AI sight-lines so that it's more difficult for the guards to spot the player during the "Search" stage.
  • Explosives no longer apply stun damage to guards unless they have been first been hit by another object, or the player has gripped the explosive.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed and issue where a blast door reappears without collision when back-tracking to the Command Center on Mission 1.6.
  • Fixed an issue where the user's hands are not aligned with their in-game counterparts when grabbing a certain assault rifle in Mission 1.3.
  • Fixed an issue where the Espire Trial 'Electrocutioner' is unattainable after fulfilling its requirement in Mission 1.3.
  • Fixed an issue where a user could become stuck in a wall in the caves of Mission 1.3.
  • Fixed an issue in Mission 1.1 where a hanging black pipe could not be climbed.
  • Fixed an issue in Mission 1.1 where a certain voice line was being triggered too late
  • Fixed an issue where guards would become unresponsive when stunned or killed while waking up.
  • Fixed a lighting issue Mission 1.3.
  • Fixed collision issues with some railings in Mission 1.4.
  • Fixed a visible gap in the map of Mission 1.4.
  • Fixed an issue where the blue holographic belt would remain visible when the player re-calibrates during Mission 1.1.
  • Fixed an issue where guards would appear frozen.
  • Fixed an issue where guards woken by an ally would be abnormally hard to stun.
  • Fixed an issue where guards were taking incorrect stun damage based on the limb that was shocked.
  • Fixed an issue where guards viewed by the hand camera would appear to slide on the ground.

A patch to address the controls issues noted on PlayStation is currently in test and we hope to share more details soon. This update will follow that one for PlayStation VR players. The Quest version will be out in the next few days.

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 254 featured items
I jumped into to the game to test out specifically the line of sight and shadowed area spots.
It's definitely improved and more tolerable, but it could do with a bit more tweaking, more and improved shadowed areas, new ones and reduced line of sight when me and the AI are at the same level of height, but substantially far away from each other, I haven't tested in search mode, but in normal state it's much better, I could sit in a dark area as they walked by no problem.

Improve on the shadowed areas added and see where more could be added
Reduce the distance of line of sight on the AI when you're on the same height, or slightly above/below them so that they can't "ITS THAT YOU MIKE" from far away.

I'll continue the test, but great first update all around!

Upvote 0
Sorry, please could you clarify if this patch is also being pushed to PSVR?

I saw your note at the bottom regarding controls on PlayStation but im confused exactly what is releasing where.

If you could give an indication of time scale for this (days,weeks,months) that would also be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Upvote 0
Sorry, please could you clarify if this patch is also being pushed to PSVR?

I saw your note at the bottom regarding controls on PlayStation but im confused exactly what is releasing where.

If you could give an indication of time scale for this (days,weeks,months) that would also be appreciated.

Kind regards,

A separate patch is in test and awaiting release but it is out of our hands for PSVR and we expect its release in the coming days. This will target the missing control options that where not in the launch build for that platform. This update will follow that one and we expect it to reach the platform in the coming days to weeks but we are not able to give firm dates/time as they are not in our control on console.

Reactions: Nahmeht
Upvote 0