• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Espire 1: VR Operative Update 1.3 for PSVR

Espire 1: VR Operative PSVR 1.3 Patch
This patch brings Espire 1 on PSVR in-line with the 1.3 version of the game on other platforms.
Below is a list of improvements and bug fixes that are included in the patch!

Feature Improvements
  • Implemented the Cheats menu. You can find the cheats menu in the Main Menu. If you’ve previously unlocked cheats in a previous version of the game, they’ll now be available in this update. If you play the game with cheats enabled, your mission progress and high-scores cannot be recorded.
  • Espire Vision feature is now enabled with a trigger-press, matching the behavior on other platforms.
  • Redesigned the Comfort Settings UI, such that it is clear how to disable our comfort mode (The Espire Control Theater).
  • Redesigned the Smooth/Snap turn settings so that players now switch between smooth and snap turn modes and adjust the speed/intensity of each.
  • Added an option in the Display Settings to disable the blue “Helmet HUD lines” that are visible in the player’s peripheral vision.
  • Improved the ease of use for “slider bars” in the game’s UI.
  • Removed the "Ghost Hand" feature, where motion controllers render on top of weapons if Espire's hands do not match the real-world location of the player's hand. This feature introduced an issue that’s been present since the launch build where the motion controllers would constantly render on top of the player’s hands.
  • In the Audio menu, we’ve added an option to disable voice lines for the repair/damage notifications. They are also now disabled by default.
  • During gameplay, we’ve adjusted the frequency at which voice lines for repair/damage notifications play, while enabled.
  • Optimized menu interactions. The main menu now loads 3 seconds quicker than before when returning from Agent Select, a mission, or a virtual challenge.
  • When players create a new agent, starting the campaign from scratch, we now display a prompt allowing users to disable the comfort features (Espire Control Theatre)
  • When players create a new agent, they can select their game difficulty before commencing mission 1.1
  • Players can now see a live preview of the Espire Control Theatre while adjusting the advanced settings. If you press the ‘customize’ button and then press either of the ‘move’ buttons on your PS Move controller, you’ll see the Espire Control Theatre appear in your peripheral vision, and it will update in realtime as you adjust all of its settings.

AI Improvements
  • Adjusted AI sight-lines so that it's more difficult for the guards to spot the player during the "Search" stage.
  • Fixed an issue where guards could become “Frozen statues” - standing in place, unresponsive to the player.
  • Fixed an issue where a guard could become invincible - not receiving damage from the player.
  • Fixed an issue where if a player stunned multiple enemies in an area, left the area and then returned to this area after 10 minutes, the stunned guards would all immediately wake up at as soon as the area loaded. There is now a random delay of between 10-50 seconds for each stunned guard to wake up.
  • Fixed an issue where if the player tried to punch an enemy from close range, the player’s hand might not register punches with the enemy, instead phasing through the guard’s body.
  • Added more shadowed hiding spots in various areas of the Espire Labs mission.
  • Fixed an issue where guards woken by an ally would be abnormally hard to stun.
  • Fixed an issue where guards were taking incorrect stun damage based on the limb that was shocked.
  • Fixed an issue where guards viewed by the hand camera could appear to slide on the ground.
  • Explosives no longer apply stun damage to guards unless they have been first been hit by another object, or the player has gripped the explosive.
  • Fixed an issue where environmental objects were stunning guards without being, first, disturbed by a player.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where Tripmine lasers would not collide with anything anymore if the player left and re-entered an area
  • Fixed an issue where the user could get soft-locked by recalibrating their torso after completing the tranq tutorial
  • Fixed an issue where the repair tool hits the ground, the noise it makes isn’t loud enough and guards rarely hear it
  • Fixed and issue where a blast door reappears without collision when back-tracking to the Command Center on Mission 1.6.
  • Fixed an issue where the user's hands are not aligned with their in-game counterparts when grabbing a certain assault rifle in Mission 1.3.
  • Fixed an issue where the Espire Trial 'Electrocutioner' is unattainable after fulfilling its requirement in Mission 1.3.
  • Fixed an issue where a user could become stuck in a wall in the caves of Mission 1.3.
  • Fixed an issue in Mission 1.1 where a hanging black pipe could not be climbed.
  • Fixed an issue in Mission 1.1 where a certain voice line was being triggered too late
  • Fixed an issue where guards would become unresponsive when stunned or killed while waking up.
  • Fixed a lighting issue Mission 1.3.
  • Fixed collision issues with some railings in Mission 1.4.
  • Fixed a visible gap in the map of Mission 1.4.
  • Fixed an issue where the blue holographic belt would remain visible when the player re-calibrates during Mission 1.1.
  • Fixed an issue where players could incorrectly pause the game while inside the checkpoint airlock after reloading their saved mission progress.
  • Fixed an issue where the user would fall through the world after possessing certain Espire units while in the checkpoint Airlock after reloading saved mission progress.
  • Fixed lighting issues in the Radiata Virtual Challenge.

We would like to thank the PSVR communities for their patience with us as we worked to get this update out. We are now working to swiftly bring the PSVR build to version 1.5 and inline with other platforms. At that point it should be updated in-sync with other platforms. See you in the field agents!

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
I cannot get the update 1.3 on my PS4 when I go to game options and try to check for updates it tells me that there are no updates available and I only have 1.1. how do I get the rest of the updates on PS4. I purchased the game from PlayStation store and would like to be able to get the rest of the game working. I have the same issues with the hand cameras not working properly when grabbed and thrown. It only shows a static picture. Can I please get someone to tell me how to fix this stuff.

Upvote 0