• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Escape from tarkov illness

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
This has been ongoing feature in KF2 for good long while, and that being the 1st thing freeze/lag.
What i mean by that is whatever you do on the 1st game of the day will result in a short freeze.
Those being:
- Loading into the 1st map
- New zed type spawn
- Firing your first bullet
- Getting hit by zed
- Maybe other factors like husk firing his 1st shot... but at that point im too busy running around to even notice if its actually a thing or not.

It's honestly the same issues that plagued Escape from tarkov until recently it got addressed, where it would lag whenever you'd loot 1st body, fire a 1st shot, scope in 1st time with high mag scope etc.

I would love for this to be addressed in the future "optmisatio" that the game needs, and ofc the mandatory loooooooooong launch time that began since Patriarch update :D

MarkoS98

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 27, 2018
Funny thing about that is the 1st launch does take a long time, but every subsequent opening of the game after the first one is 3x-5x faster... Until you shut down your pc or restart it that is...
Also I recall a few other games where doing something for the 1st time lags/freezes the game. I guess to reduce the games loading time it doesn't load every function properly UNTIL you execute/use those functions.
Not an expert but i doubt that's something that can be fixed without sacrificing something else performance related...

Barot8

Feb 4, 2010
I also notice lag the first time you pick up a weapon from the ground (when they've spawned) and first time picking up an ammo box on first game when starting the game.

Azukki

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
The freeze from the first time shooting a zed in a game particularly annoys me. I often spawn SWAT with armor, hope to keep it all for wave 2 if not 3, but half the time the zeds immediately get a free scratch on me during that freeze.
It's apparently not the ragdolls or gore or anything loading in, you can stand back and watch a teammate kill some zeds without that freeze happening, then shoot one yourself, and it happens. So it's just something with applying damage or crediting dosh/xp?

Last edited: