• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Escape from tarkov illness

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    This has been ongoing feature in KF2 for good long while, and that being the 1st thing freeze/lag.
    What i mean by that is whatever you do on the 1st game of the day will result in a short freeze.
    Those being:
    - Loading into the 1st map
    - New zed type spawn
    - Firing your first bullet
    - Getting hit by zed
    - Maybe other factors like husk firing his 1st shot... but at that point im too busy running around to even notice if its actually a thing or not.

It's honestly the same issues that plagued Escape from tarkov until recently it got addressed, where it would lag whenever you'd loot 1st body, fire a 1st shot, scope in 1st time with high mag scope etc.

I would love for this to be addressed in the future "optmisatio" that the game needs, and ofc the mandatory loooooooooong launch time that began since Patriarch update :D

Funny thing about that is the 1st launch does take a long time, but every subsequent opening of the game after the first one is 3x-5x faster... Until you shut down your pc or restart it that is...
    Also I recall a few other games where doing something for the 1st time lags/freezes the game. I guess to reduce the games loading time it doesn't load every function properly UNTIL you execute/use those functions.
    Not an expert but i doubt that's something that can be fixed without sacrificing something else performance related...

Upvote 0
    The freeze from the first time shooting a zed in a game particularly annoys me. I often spawn SWAT with armor, hope to keep it all for wave 2 if not 3, but half the time the zeds immediately get a free scratch on me during that freeze.
    It's apparently not the ragdolls or gore or anything loading in, you can stand back and watch a teammate kill some zeds without that freeze happening, then shoot one yourself, and it happens. So it's just something with applying damage or crediting dosh/xp?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0