• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Error forces me to end the game

Animal Mother

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2017
I got an error saying (translation) "The instruction in 0xf93809e2 points to memory 0x00000000. The process read couldn't be carried out." Does somebody have the same problem or know a solution? That would be lovely as I'm constantly kicked out after joining a server or trying to access my profile.
Thank you in advance

Animal Mother

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2017
The specs shouldn't be the problem I guess as I was able to play the game for two months before that error occured. Still thanks for your help

Kittenmittens

Tripwire Interactive Community Team
Staff member
Mar 11, 2016
Killing Floor Discord :)
Animal Mother;n2305935 said:
The specs shouldn't be the problem I guess as I was able to play the game for two months before that error occured. Still thanks for your help
Asking for specs doesn't mean that someone is trying to blame them for issues, it additional information that can help with trouble shooting. Look into the possibility of security software interfering. Sometimes after the game updates, it will need to be removed and added again to exceptions. Try making sure all your drivers are up to date.

Reactions: shindern

Animal Mother

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2017
Thanks for your comment. My drivers should be updated, they are brought up to date automatically. I'm afraid that the last major update is responsible for my problems as the error occured at about the same time. I just tried to delete all the game files and reinstall it, but it didn't work.

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
:awkward: :killme:

try resetting your configs, delete Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2\ but don't hope too much from this regarding your error..

computer specs?

Last edited:

Animal Mother

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2017
Unfortunately, I can't tell you if this error affects other people as well, to find that out was one of the reasons why I asked this question :). It happens every time I join a server or try to access my profile. Sad to say, I can't tell you more about the error than I already did in my question. Thank you for your help

Animal Mother

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2017
Okay, I've tried some things lately, to keep you informed I sum them up here: I checked the drivers again, they're up to date; I deinstalled the game, turned my security software off and reinstalled it - still didn't work; there is apparently no windows update I could download; as I didn't install any software shortly before the update in August -when this whole thing started - this can't be the problem. All I could find out is that the reason for errors of this kind is supposedly a driver problem: The application tries to access memoy areas which are already occupied.

Animal Mother

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2017
Okay, I guess it's time for another status report ;) : I just tried to delete the savegame the usual way via the order "remote" in "userdata"; surprisingly, after finding the Rising Storm 2 order, there was no "remote" order there (only "screenshots"). Instead, the Rising Storm order already has "remote" in its name: I checked some of the other game orders and they don't. I hope this information is helpful... I also tried to check my computer specs: I have Windows 7; 8 GB RAM; a 64- bit operating system; a "Windows Experience Index" of 5.9 and an "Intel Core i5-4460" processor. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Animal Mother

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2017
My video card is an "AMD Radeon R7 200 Series". It took so long because I actually gave up on the game and only recently decided to buy it once more and try again :)

Foster Parent

Tripwire Interactive Staff
Are you running as admin (not recommended), are you using a mouse with more than 3 buttons, or LED lighting, or an illuminated keyboard? Could this be a problem with EAC? Some games have issues with the anti-cheat and their site has troubleshooting tips: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/
do you have to correct C++ redistributable? Is your video card running the game in DX11?

Animal Mother

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2017
Thanks for the reply. My mouse is completely "normal": no LEDs or more than 3 buttons and my keyboard is not illuminated. I successfully verified my connectivity to easy Anti-Cheat on their website. I also run the game in DX 11 and have the correct "C++ redistributable" (that should automatically come with Steam as I was told). Last but not least: I'm not running the game as an admin.

Foster Parent

Tripwire Interactive Staff
This is why we ask you to make an actual bug report, instead of a one line post - it prevents us from playing 20 questions.

Are you using any Alienware hardware. That is the only other thing on the web with that error text. The error suggests an incorrect C++ redistributable, DLL or driver is causing the problem.

Animal Mother

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2017
Again, thanks for everybody's help. A friend of mine just helped me and we were able to get the game going again. It was apparently indeed a driver problem and he told me to download a better one. If anybody has the same video card: Use https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...es/amd-radeon-r7-200-series/amd-radeon-r7-250 to download the one for your Windows version ( Windows 7 and 64-bit for me); as soon as the download is finished, open the file in its folder and run it as an admin via right-click . After completing the then following installation , simply restart your computer and you should be able to launch the game bug-free.