• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Epic Game Store - Server Browser/Matchmaking Connection Investigation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We've heard reports from several players that even after allowing the game through security software (firewall/antivirus) they still did not see servers in the browser or were unable to matchmake.

We are looking to collect information from these players so we can investigate further into what may be happening.

Please let us know the following:
    • Windows OS/Version
    • Security software used (anti virus/firewall)
    • A game log from a recent attempt to connect (located in mydocs/mygames/killing floor 2/kfgame/logs)
    Further requested information may be added to this list.

QA has asked us to pass along trying to set any filters to default and not change them. An issue may have been discovered where the filters will hide all servers.

Last edited:
    Doesn't crash but freezes heavily for minute in the server browser, if you're not lucky enough to hit exit, wait for another minute to do so. Or use ctrl-alt-del to call task manager and kill it from there blindfoldedly, as game doesn't allow anything on top when frozen.

Also constant disconnected on half of the second wave in like 3 games. So raw.

Reactions: DoshRegister
    Upvote 0
    Server browser crashes game (Epic Games version) for me as well. I have noticed multiple 4.3GB+ Launch-backup-xxx.log files created after crash in %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Logs. Many huge lines starting with "[0204.26] Log: Should be a , but it's }".

The 4.3GB log file compresses to a 3 MB 7z (vs. a 350 MB zip, go LZMA algorithm!). I have PMed you a copy @Yoshiro.

As a workaround to the server browser issue, I created a dedicated server using SteamCMD and was able to connect to it via Epic Games version using the console 'open IP:port' command.

Upvote 0
    Windows 2004 19041.329
    No antivirus no firewalls .
    My documents folder deleted already.

First time playing it on epic store. As soon as I go to server browser (no servers appear) the game freezes and if I alt tab and check the launch.log I can see it growing in size (currently 2gb+).

Deleted it, tried again and managed to kill the game before the log gets too big. This is part of what it shows:
    Notice the horizontal scrollbar, it's BIG.
    (I can't upload the log for obvious reasons)

lvohCGJ.png

Upvote 0
    Can someone answer my question before we get into any of the technical problems first and foremost, because if this question doesn't pan out right, I'm not even gonna give a **** about fixing the problem and i'll just dip out right now.

I recently read that the Epic Games release is a "New Platform Release". Now, somebody better please tell me that this isn't what it sounds like it is. Because if it is, there aint no damn point in me even trying to fix this problem in the first place. Tell me that these people at Epic did not take a game with an already small community and CUT IT IN HALF, by splitting up Epic and Steam players.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.