• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC [EOS Beta] Cannot connect to any server [fix for now at the top]

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    Right now as i was in a squad of 3, i couldn't connect to any server.

In server browser: Pressed "join", nothing happens. (it's like pressing on a blank button)
    Tried for a weekly and survival servers, nothing.

Matchmaking: it writes "Unable to find match", even if there are servers available for both weekly and survival (same deal with the Create match)

Fix for now:
    In KFEngine.ini change
    NetworkDevice=OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.IpNetDriverSteamworks
    to
    NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver

Last edited:
    Friend and i who run from 2 different type of connections (im on fibre and he's using 4G) still have the issue.
    We did delete kf2 from firewall and let it create new entries: nothing
    We tried making a custom inbound and outbound rule to let kf2 connect through firewall: nothing

Im on windows 7, running Avast as an AV ( But the entire steam folder is excluded from scanning, so it shouldn't touch kf2 as well)
    Friend is on windows 10 using Win Defender as AV.

Upvote 0
    Friend and i who run from 2 different type of connections (im on fibre and he's using 4G) still have the issue.
    We did delete kf2 from firewall and let it create new entries: nothing
    We tried making a custom inbound and outbound rule to let kf2 connect through firewall: nothing

Im on windows 7, running Avast as an AV ( But the entire steam folder is excluded from scanning, so it shouldn't touch kf2 as well)
    Friend is on windows 10 using Win Defender as AV.

Thanks, the QA team is trying to figure out what is happening here.

Upvote 0
    Can't connect on any beta servers too, on lan or on a public one.

Log:
    Code:
    [0286.87] NetComeGo: Open TheWorld  192.168.1.42
    [0311.88] DevOnline: Sending out playfab request to url Server/RefreshGameServerInstanceHeartbeat with data: {"LobbyId":"11973599433391446903"}
    [0312.68] Log: Got JSON response from URL Server/RefreshGameServerInstanceHeartbeat: {"code":200,"status":"OK","data":{}}
    [0371.91] DevOnline: Sending out playfab request to url Server/RefreshGameServerInstanceHeartbeat with data: {"LobbyId":"11973599433391446903"}
    [0372.91] ScriptLog: (TW TAKEOVER LOG) KFGameInfo.CheckServerUnlock 1 - GetNumPlayers(): 0
    [0372.91] ScriptLog: (TW TAKEOVER LOG) KFGameInfo.CheckServerUnlock 2 - Playfab: PlayfabInterface_0
    [0372.91] ScriptLog: (TW TAKEOVER LOG) KFGameInfo.CheckServerUnlock 3 - IsLockedServer(): False (bUsedForTakeover: True, bAvailableForTakeover: True)
    [0372.91] Log: Got JSON response from URL Server/RefreshGameServerInstanceHeartbeat: {"code":200,"status":"OK","data":{}}

Nothing after that.

Upvote 0
    Yep that works.
    Can connect through the browser and with MM (solo or with a squad)

Only inconvenience now is that on a fresh launch of kf2, the game takes quite a while to load up my savefile (one time it just failed to do that). When restarting game it loads up my progress immediately.

Upvote 0