• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Entweichen

Llama

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Cardiff, UK
Raitapaita said:
For me the map is fine as it is. One thing to try could be that players have only one clip of bullets.
Yeah, the mod version was cool, and agreed I'd prefer no smgs, rifles with no ammo would be hillarious! It's always a brilliant map if the servers a little empty which the current maplist is lacking a little i think.

Cthulhu

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 10, 2006
Sweet, can't wait for these first few custom maps to get in. I've seen a lot of people saying the first thing they're doing is porting one of their old maps.

I'm not complaining, I never played the mod much (and never online) so a few ports of old maps doesn't bother me.

But I can't wait for the brand new maps, straight out of the oven.

ERK

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
I'm not really "porting" the mod map over. I'm rebuilding it from the ground up with a few new things here and there. There's just so much new content to mess around with now in the editor!

Witzig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 16, 2006
Germany
Yes and it would be neat to have it a tad bigger overall, to have a more moving flow of battle :). Not tooooo big, perhaps just with 2-3 Objectives :).

But Entweichen was a nice Map, not the best looks but a nice change, not that i would want to play it 24/7 but it was nice to have something so different from the usual Maps to break the Map Rotation.

Cthulhu

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 10, 2006
ERK said:
I'm not really "porting" the mod map over. I'm rebuilding it from the ground up with a few new things here and there. There's just so much new content to mess around with now in the editor!
Awesome. Looking forward to it man. :D

Amerikaner

Nov 23, 2005
This was by far the Retard Brigade's favorite novelty map. Cant wait for the new version.

Please dont make it bigger, at least the initial version. Do a straight copy of the old one with increased eye candy. Maybe tinker with size and smg's later but for right now, I just want to see good ol' fashioned Entweichen.

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
Lruce Bee said:
Yes - the level is very small and is basically a couple of subtracted cubes with very minimal deco but the gameplay is fun\spammy simply because that many soldiers packed into a small area is gonna cause mayhem anyway

I'm not sure a port is necessary tbh - maybe carry some of the ideas over from this level into a brand new one - if you're working on a similar theme then it wouldn't take that long to knock out a couple of extra rooms and breath a bit more life into the actual environment and work on that a bit to make it actually look like a prison compound - maybe have an objective like an outside excercise yard or take out a guard tower etc - level definately needs a bit more substance to it I think - would make an interesting remake though because I like the theme

Lruce
cap a guard tower? I smell sniping w/ a pistol! (Much fun, regardless)

King Ragnar

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Newcastle, UK
Oh sweet i love this map i remeber one night in the mod where me some clan mates and others ont his server played it like 10 times in a row, complete mayhem and soo funny :D, Keep up the good work.

ERK

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
Today's work...

Looking down from the new guard's area.

New Prison cells.

Last edited:

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
Greasemonkey said:
If you add an objective, add a door that must be blown open with a satchel to escape with or something of the sort.
but make it so like there is one satchel you can pick up, and it doesn't
come back or refresh or whatever. At least, that is, until the objective is destroyed

Britney Federline

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Remember to add a radio playing the Benny Hill theme song!

If not that, a radio that changes songs every time you shoot it.