• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Enjoy the Game

Rick9038

Jun 23, 2020
Illinois
Hey all, this is my first post ever in a forum. First off, I am not here to start any trouble or wars. I been seeing a lot of pretty downright harsh posting on here concerning Maneater. Now, as a long time gamer, I do understand frustrations and disappointments but you all have to understand that game coding and building takes a lot of time and work.... patches and updates included. While I am not a developer or game designer, and do not know everything about such things, the things I do know and understand gives me total respect towards studios like Tripwire. Maneater is their first attempt at the whole shark power fantasy genre. I actually read that. That being said, I believe, in my opinion, that for this reason, this game is totally amazing! Nobody knows where this game will go from here or what will be added. It has a strong foundation for being an awesome game, like way better than most out there. I believe that they did amazing. You all also need to understand that we no longer live in a time where games were 100% complete before being released to the public. Many, many studios nowadays are releasing either unfinished games that they slowly finish over time or games that haven't been totally polished so they can get proper feedback from us. While I do miss the old gaming days, I thoroughly enjoy today's way of making games. It allows for great, positive improvements and allows for more community driven content. Speaking on the half of myself partially and mostly to the Maneater community, I will say that we need to be patient while Tripwire does their thing. Yes, they may not get right back to us when we message them about bugs or flaws but that maybe because they are scrambling and doing everything they can to get the patches and updates out. Basically, and I mean this in a positive aspect, please don't get hateful or demanding. If you are like me and know very little to no idea of how game making works or what is involved, then, I think you shouldn't be demanding or harshly complaining about any game made. Tripwire and many other studios make games for us to play and enjoy. We should be grateful and show more gratitude for the time they take in their lives to give us games like this to entertain us. Yes, the bugs and issues sure stink but we all have to be patient and enjoy playing what we can. As time goes on, the game will become more stable and additional content will be added. I know patience is a huge virtue this day and age and, sadly, is becoming extinct. We need to be grateful and kick back and watch how technology gets better and enjoy what we get. Also, think about our current events..... CORONAVIRUS..... that does have effects on game development. Not just games are affected but our lifestyles as a whole. I am extremely grateful that studios like Tripwire are still going to work to make sure that we all have something to entertain ourselves during these trying times. Now, I'm not saying that you are not entitled to your opinions by any means because we all are and this shows mine.... just try to do as the thread title says and enjoy the games you get and be grateful for all the hard work and dedication that goes into them. Just because they don't respond to you right away doesn't mean they are ignoring us. Matter of fact, quite the contrary. I, once again my own opinion, I'm sure they seen the post and are working on it as they see things come up. All we need to do is politely and in a civilized way, tell them our issues. Like I stated earlier, they are probably scrambling to get this fixed by the looks of what I read and I'm fairly sure that they wasn't expecting quite this many issues so I am thinking that it's got them a little nervous. Also, think of it like this, the reason that they haven't gotten back with some of us is maybe because they ARE busy trying to fix issues. Try to be patient people. Being negative doesn't fix anything. Just creates more negativity. Not trying to be disrespectful. I believe that this is an amazing game and totally worth the $40 asking price, just for the idea, gameplay, quality, and graphics. Very fair price, in my opinion and from what I paid for it, I so would have totally paid a full $60 for it because of how awesome I believe it is. Peace and much love people and I do apologize ahead of time if this causes any anger.

Hey all, this is my first post ever in a forum. First off, I am not here to start any trouble or wars. I been seeing a lot of pretty downright harsh posting on here concerning Maneater. Now, as a long time gamer, I do understand frustrations and disappointments but you all have to understand that game coding and building takes a lot of time and work.... patches and updates included. While I am not a developer or game designer, and do not know everything about such things, the things I do know and understand gives me total respect towards studios like Tripwire. Maneater is their first attempt at the whole shark power fantasy genre. I actually read that. That being said, I believe, in my opinion, that for this reason, this game is totally amazing! Nobody knows where this game will go from here or what will be added. It has a strong foundation for being an awesome game, like way better than most out there. I believe that they did amazing. You all also need to understand that we no longer live in a time where games were 100% complete before being released to the public. Many, many studios nowadays are releasing either unfinished games that they slowly finish over time or games that haven't been totally polished so they can get proper feedback from us. While I do miss the old gaming days, I thoroughly enjoy today's way of making games. It allows for great, positive improvements and allows for more community driven content. Speaking on the half of myself partially and mostly to the Maneater community, I will say that we need to be patient while Tripwire does their thing. Yes, they may not get right back to us when we message them about bugs or flaws but that maybe because they are scrambling and doing everything they can to get the patches and updates out. Basically, and I mean this in a positive aspect, please don't get hateful or demanding. If you are like me and know very little to no idea of how game making works or what is involved, then, I think you shouldn't be demanding or harshly complaining about any game made. Tripwire and many other studios make games for us to play and enjoy. We should be grateful and show more gratitude for the time they take in their lives to give us games like this to entertain us. Yes, the bugs and issues sure stink but we all have to be patient and enjoy playing what we can. As time goes on, the game will become more stable and additional content will be added. I know patience is a huge virtue this day and age and, sadly, is becoming extinct. We need to be grateful and kick back and watch how technology gets better and enjoy what we get. Also, think about our current events..... CORONAVIRUS..... that does have effects on game development. Not just games are affected but our lifestyles as a whole. I am extremely grateful that studios like Tripwire are still going to work to make sure that we all have something to entertain ourselves during these trying times. Now, I'm not saying that you are not entitled to your opinions by any means because we all are and this shows mine.... just try to do as the thread title says and enjoy the games you get and be grateful for all the hard work and dedication that goes into them. Just because they don't respond to you right away doesn't mean they are ignoring us. Matter of fact, quite the contrary. I, once again my own opinion, I'm sure they seen the post and are working on it as they see things come up. All we need to do is politely and in a civilized way, tell them our issues. Like I stated earlier, they are probably scrambling to get this fixed by the looks of what I read and I'm fairly sure that they wasn't expecting quite this many issues so I am thinking that it's got them a little nervous. Also, think of it like this, the reason that they haven't gotten back with some of us is maybe because they ARE busy trying to fix issues. Try to be patient people. Being negative doesn't fix anything. Just creates more negativity. Not trying to be disrespectful. I believe that this is an amazing game and totally worth the $40 asking price, just for the idea, gameplay, quality, and graphics. Very fair price, in my opinion and from what I paid for it, I so would have totally paid a full $60 for it because of how awesome I believe it is. Peace and much love people and I do apologize ahead of time if this causes any anger.
Their already saying the next update may be out this week. What I m really hoping for soon is a dlc announcement. The game is awesome but dlc would make it so much better.

Reactions: KoldStrejke
Upvote 0
Yes. this is what I've been saying all along. good to have you on the forum. and yes it is worth the money. hell, I have it on PS4, Xbox and PC. so how much did I pay to play this $120.00, over and over and over again. yea I love this game.

Upvote 0
Yes. this is what I've been saying all along. good to have you on the forum. and yes it is worth the money. hell, I have it on PS4, Xbox and PC. so how much did I pay to play this $120.00, over and over and over again. yea I love this game.
I have a copy on PC and a copy on Xbox, although I think it may be optimized more for PC. I could be wrong but it seems buttery smooth on PC compared to xbox one x. Your thoughts?

Upvote 0
Their already saying the next update may be out this week. What I m really hoping for soon is a dlc announcement. The game is awesome but dlc would make it so much better.
That's what I'm saying. In my opinion, this is a AAA title and if they add more content and make it longer, that would probably lock it into AAA status for most people.

Upvote 0