• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Enemy weapon loadout

If anybody want a enemy weapon he has to take it from their cold death hands...

I don`t want another CoD World at War, i want a realistic as possible game about the battle of Stalingrad. Without any prototype weapons (MKb42, AVT-40) or special weapon upgrades which never was produced in series (MP40 double clip, MG34 double drum)

No Upgrades/Updates/Level Up are really needed.
Maybe some littles extra like: more breath when you are sprinting or only a little bit more weapon knowledge.

Many upgrades would be very nice in a game called: Red Orchestra - Secret Weapons of WW2 :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This is actually one of the most realistic aspects of their levelling system.

Both sides used large numbers of enemy weapons. The Germans re-chambered large numbers of SVT-40's, and used captured ammunition from the advances of 1940-1942 for PPSh's, AT rifles, MGs, etc. Hell the Marder series of tank destroyers all used Russian 76mm guns (mounted on Czech 38 chassis).

This was actually SO common, the Germans had to invent a nomenclature system for renaming all the foreign weapons and vehicles they used. The (r) In PzB 783(r) stands for "Russen"(Russian). Pz38(t)="Tscheschen" (czech).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is actually one of the most realistic aspects of their levelling system.
tumblr_lsgv4xvQKY1qme44t.gif

Upvote 0
The rest of it is bull****, but using captured weapons was extraordinarily common, to the point of them being ISSUED to soldiers.

ETA: if you'd like to contribute something beyond .gifs, feel free.

I started this thread lol.

But with this system everyone runs around with enemy weapons. Read OP.

And sometimes gifs are more appropiate than words.

Upvote 0
I started this thread lol.

Yeah, I know. :rolleyes:

It's confusing that you'd buy a game that advertised itself as realism based, and then complain about one of the more realistic aspects. Whatever flaws in the supposed reality they've created, this isn't one of them. Go complain about something like the lack of physical inertia, or the bandaging, not this.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I know. :rolleyes:

It's confusing that you'd buy a game that advertised itself as realism based, and then complain about one of the more realistic aspects. Whatever flaws in the supposed reality they've created, this isn't one of them. Go complain about something like the lack of physical inertia, or the bandaging, not this.

tumblr_ls3yyo3CmX1qi4lg1.gif

Everyone russian mg running around with mg 34 =/ realism
Russians using the kar98 and Germans using the mosin =/ realism

I am not denying they didn't use captured weapons in WW2. But the numbers here are RIDICULOUS.

PS: This game is far from being realistic with everyone running around with enemy weapons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kleist
Upvote 0