• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Endless freeze tag like mode

Don Draper

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne Australia
So i see there is a endless mode coming up in the update, im not sure how it works... is it endless waves..ie: 11/12/13 etc..

Or is it a single wave that is endless that gets progressively harder?

Anyway, i was thinking that if it is the later, a freeze tag mode could be incorporated to make it interesting.

Basically, a endless wave in which you can always access the shop which would be done with team mates protecting you.

But, if you do die, you become frozen not permanently dead, and then if possible your teammates can unfreeze you.

I was thinking this could be restricted to a role for medic... but if medic dies?.. maybe restricted to medic guns instead... with medic unfreezing faster. (so Support and Survivalist become even more relevant)

I think the big upside for a freeze tag mode is that if you die early, you remain invested in the match as you could be revived, as i can see alot of people just leaving pub games if they die early.

It also gives you more chances to remain alot longer.

I have always found freeze tag always makes players more team oriented, they get involved by reviving others and become more likely to lay down there life for teammates if they know they can come back in.

Thoughts?