• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC End game freeze for 30 seconds

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
When you finish a game, the end game screen freezes for 30 seconds, music still playing in the background but video is completely frozen, on the second yellow box of the personal achievements, sometimes the third one can appear before it freezes but this is consistent and has been verified with multiple people. Then it unfreezes and the end game screen continues to deploy as if nothing happened if you're willing to wait the 30 seconds more or less (it continues to deploy but in accelerated speed this is hilarious).

I can make a video and give game logs but this seems to be consistent over my friends and I. Is this something only us experience or is this another new TWI feature™ that has been added to the game?

You need a video? How about that one. (warning: volume could be high). One can see that it froze mid animation of the endscreen, the green fps counter upper left corner and my mouse froze and no countdown for map vote, while the music keeps playing.

It is almost exactly 30 sec. Server was freshly installed a few hours before, running on Linux.

But it is not consistent, most matches end just fine.

Edit: Since the reinstal the last hit lag from my last post is gone :) But the trader lag got subjectively a bit longer so now after frist wave when people buying weapons, I start hitting walls while running with a ping <40sec.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just played a game of Outpost Objective Hard, and it didn't happen. Will continue checking when in does/does not do that.

EDIT: yeah the video is exactly the issue, with the hilarious accelerated end game screen after the 30 seconds freeze. I see SUICIDAL difficulty seems to be a common ground will test my server with SUICIDAL.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly idk if im adding anything.
From my experience there are 3 type of servers.
1. Runs smooth
2. Has the end game freeze that you described.
3. Has a boss kill freeze for solid 15+ seconds but no Awards screen freeze.

Maybe it has to do with the type of hardware being used to run the server.
Maybe the host is losing connection to steam breefly during that time (idk if it actually works that way for hosts,)
Or maybe it freezes because server loads up the map selection and maybe caused by a hefty amount of custom maps available for voting?

Upvote 0
I don't know that might be server related, for sure when it happens, it happens to all people in game (for the problem I describe).

It was on my dedicated server (which is overkill for a KF 2 server) when I didn't have the end game screen 30 second freeze so it might be related. I will continue to test on my own server and see if it happens on it, the machine has a 4.4Ghz CPU so if it happens on it this is an 'overall' issue, not related to machine specs.

For the the other issue, the boss kill freeze when this happens to me, it doesn't happen to other people so I don't think this is related to the dedicated machine specs, this is clearly a client issue for this one, or maybe you are talking about another variant where it is a server issue when you see all the zeds running in straight line against walls (in this case it is the server which is the issue)?

EDIT: I remember having the issue of end game freeze when I was playing Objective Suicidal for sure and maybe Survival Suicidal (not sure for Survival). Will continue the investigation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0