• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Enable Chat Logging and where are logs

I would like to get some information regarding this too. By querying the server through A2S protocol I don't get any information about the round (how long is the round, when it's going to end etc). However, I can see such information in the WebAdmin.

So is there any way to extract additional data about the server? I could parse log files if only I knew how to force the server to log game events (kills, deaths etc).

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, its working.

You need to go into WebAdmin -> Chat Logging and options are below:

Append Timestamp No Yes
Chat Logging Disabled Enabled

Filename
Force Uniqe Name No Yes

I had not seen that until 82ndab-Bravo17 post "reminded" me it was there all along.

Also thanks to Lush for tip on the server log file.

Forum is a great resource, thanks guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

I've got the chat log working, but looking the gameserver.log file (where you have put Admin_Log.log), it only seems to log warnings with the system rather than actual kills and what is going on, unless I am reading it wrong and missing something?

For example:

[0545.31] ScriptWarning: No damagetype for damage by ROAxisPawnLevel1Assault_1 with weapon ROWeap_MKb42_AssaultRifle_Content_1
ROAlliedPawnLevel1Rifleman TE-Station.TheWorld:persistentLevel.ROAlliedPawnLevel1Rifleman_9
Function Engine.Pawn:TakeDamage:0103

Now, I assume that _9 is a player slot number. But I don't get how I can correlate any of this information to make something meaningful. Does anyone with more knowledge about this have an ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0