• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Empire Total War

Sorry if I didn't show, but I forgot about it.

Can someone answer my AI question (namely, does it still suck?)

The game overall is still a bit buggy, and the AI does some stupid stuff now and then, but the main AI is pretty good. They retreat and take defensive positions when they have the feeling they are being outflanked and stuff.

Upvote 0
Crash Fixes

• Fixed crash when disbanding generals unit
  • Fix for crash on trying to merge ships from port into ships next to port
  • Fixed rare crash relating to boarding
  • Fixed crash to do with reinforcing armies
  • Fixed crash on revolution video attempting to play
  • Fixed crash for double clicking on sinking ship on campaign map
  • Fix for crash on merging units but moving into fort before army arrives
  • Fixed several crashes related to rakes
  • Fixed crashes relating to battles when running Czech or German versions of the game
  • Fixed crash on moving army into region of faction player has military access and then cancelling military access
  • Fixed crash on trying to exchange ships between 2 fleets
  • Fixed crash on spamming move orders to puckle guns locked in melee combat
  • Fixed hard lock on inviting host to their own MP game
  • Fix to prevent loading of mod causing crash post patch
  • Various end turn crash bugs fixed
  • Fixes to crash bugs relating to completion of revolutions
  • Some fixes relating to merging and disbanding
  • Fix for several crashes in land battles
  • Several crashes relating to attacking cities fixed
  • Several load save game crashes fixed

Campaign

• Armies now placed correctly on battlefields in relation to campaign
  • Fix for nearby ships sometimes not being included as reinforcements for battles
  • Fix for incorrect numbers sometimes showing on trade routes
  • Units with limits on how many can be recruited now show how many are available
  • Various fixes relating to rakes and infiltrating
  • Fixes relating to problems moving armies/merging into army's right next to settlements
  • Various trade bug fixes
  • Fix for moving agent from settlement moving army instead of agent
  • Fix for several bugs relating to military access and armies being in regions
  • Fix for tattered flags appearing on fleet/armies even when at full strength/fully repaired
  • Fix for sallying out armies breaking siege at times even when losing the battle
  • Fix for bugs relating to capturing ships on returning to campaign map from naval battle

Land Battle

• Improvements to path finding have been made
  • Some fixes to units not garrisoning buildings
  • Fort gate ownership made clearer with faction flags appearing at the gatehouse
  • Fix for problem relating to artillery unlimbering after being ordered to limber
  • Fix for puckle guns moving on their own in some circumstances
  • Fix for big slowdown in unit movement on some battle maps in the Road to Independence episodes
  • Fix for missile cavalry not reloading when out of combat
  • Jaegers now have muskets instead of incorrect rifles, Prussian Jaegers keep rifles
  • Quebec episodic land battle fixed ground type in deployment area
  • Fix for unrealistic numbers when ending a land battle by quitting on the battle results screen

Naval Battle

• Several fixes for ships clipping into each other
  • Improvements to boarding have been made. Crew is more fluid in attack and more resolute in defence. Men survive long fall and officers join in the boarding attack
  • Crew uniforms improved to make identification of the crew type and faction easier
  • Defending ship is not allowed to fire cannons anymore during boarding procedure
  • Improved naval grouping UI and group movement made
  • Improvements made to ship collisions to reduce chance of ships getting stuck
  • Fix for sail damage not being shown when volumetric effects turned on

Multiplayer

• Various fixes for joining games/game lobby issues
  • Fixes for problems relating to spectators being kicked/locking up on other players joining games in certain instances
  • Long riflemen and winged hussars removed from early era battles
  • Fix for insufficient funds always showing on unit cards even when enough money is available
  • Player name is now displayed on unit tooltips
  • Team chat is now displayed in a different colour

AI

• Basic fix for AI being unable to move army by fleet
  • Aggression of factions in campaign improved, as well as tweaks to diplomacy
  • Improvements to campaign AI relating to its waging of wars, recruitment and movement of armies
  • Improvements made to battle AI to make it more reactive, use buildings better as well as squares and rakes
  • Siege battle AI improvements made
  • Improvements to naval AI to make it bunch up less, its use of galleys and long range units such as bomb ketches

Miscellaneous

• Delete save game button added to save game list
  • View replays button added to single player Play Battle menu
  • Various sound fixes and improvements
  • Various incorrect text messages fixed
  • Fixes to various graphical glitches with display of walls
  • Fixes made for stuttering videos
  • Fix for several game option settings not being saved correctly, including settings such as floating flags
  • Fix for unit voices/attack confirmation being heard for all units in an alliance instead of just for the player’s army
  • Armour and shield values are now added into melee defence value shown on unit cards
  • Lots of other small and minor bug fixes

Balancing

• Land unit recruitment cost in campaign has been increased, with higher cost on higher difficulty level
  • Ship recruitment and upkeep costs have been increased in campaign
  • Various balancing and cost adjustments to improve multiplayer land battle balance
  • Ship costing improvements made for both campaign and multiplayer
  • Economic tweaks have been made to campaign to reduce amount of money made in later part of campaign

Extra Note

• We are aware of an issue with community created maps that results in a crash when someone without the map tries to join the game. This crash will be fixed in the next patch
  • Further work is being done on improving AI Naval invasion behaviour and this will be included in the next upgrade patch

Massive new patch. Not to happy about the economic changes, I went from earning 60,000+ profit per turn pre patch to -8,000 after. Even after raising my taxes and cutting back on non essential troops (I've now only got troops garrisoned in towns that require repression due to my now higher taxes and 2 full stacks I can use in any war) I'm only earning 6,000 profit despite ruling almost all of America and a good portion of Europe.

IMO if you've managed to become a world dominating superpower you should be be earning mega bucks, especially as everyone hates you for 'territorial expansion' and the new campaign AI being a lot more aggressive.

Upvote 0
Hum, so I've d/l-ed the patch and I can't do anything but agree that the AI has gone comepletely berserk, throwing DoWs left and right, and that the battle AI likes to defeat my troops' spirit by running circles around me and having me reform all the time (this basing my opinion just of a small engagement of my two flintlock-armed citizen units vs one Swedish cavalry unit; through musket fire I got them down to 22 men from 45 only because they tried to outflank me and I kept reforming the line - and when it got to the engagement, I got the impression that it was just because three or four horsemen strayed out of formation and incidentally engaged my poor saps).

Upvote 0
Massive new patch. Not to happy about the economic changes, I went from earning 60,000+ profit per turn pre patch to -8,000 after. Even after raising my taxes and cutting back on non essential troops (I've now only got troops garrisoned in towns that require repression due to my now higher taxes and 2 full stacks I can use in any war) I'm only earning 6,000 profit despite ruling almost all of America and a good portion of Europe.

IMO if you've managed to become a world dominating superpower you should be be earning mega bucks, especially as everyone hates you for 'territorial expansion' and the new campaign AI being a lot more aggressive.

Oh yay :mad:

Upvote 0
Ever since the patch my game crashes upon end turn. I am playing with the Maratha Confederacy and the British turn seems to go ok, then firstly it crashed as the French turn was ending, I tried again and this time it crashed as it reached the United Provinces. I am at summer 1759 and only have 2 regions left to complete my campaign.

I REALLY don't want to have to abandon this campaign.
mad.gif

Upvote 0
Ever since the patch my game crashes upon end turn. I am playing with the Maratha Confederacy and the British turn seems to go ok, then firstly it crashed as the French turn was ending, I tried again and this time it crashed as it reached the United Provinces. I am at summer 1759 and only have 2 regions left to complete my campaign.

I REALLY don't want to have to abandon this campaign.
mad.gif

I have the same problem. I hope they will fix this soon because the campaing is unplayable now.

Upvote 0
Erm, just found out that there's no multi-core support... yet. They're adding that in a patch, but beats me when that's going to be.
No wonder I've had the feeling that the game should be running better.

Source

Edit: As an afterthought... Man, this paints a picture of a terribly, terribly rushed release. That such bad times have befallen us gamers, that we have to endure paying for beta processes, woe, woe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still say I'm the only person in the world that's enjoying Empire. The only things I really want for the game is 1) the entire world map and more nations 2) better diplomacy. I think Europa Universalis III spoiled me, but I really miss things like guaranteed independence, the need for a casus belli, war weariness, and those little gov't policy sliders. 3) THE SWISS!! I know they're in the game! Hell, I can play them in skirmish.

Upvote 0
I still say I'm the only person in the world that's enjoying Empire. The only things I really want for the game is 1) the entire world map and more nations 2) better diplomacy. I think Europa Universalis III spoiled me, but I really miss things like guaranteed independence, the need for a casus belli, war weariness, and those little gov't policy sliders. 3) THE SWISS!! I know they're in the game! Hell, I can play them in skirmish.

I enjoy it, but I'd rather do something else while I wait for a stable version =)

Upvote 0