Empire Total War

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I. Kant

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 9, 2007
Erm, I've updated with the last October patch and now I'm getting graphical artifacts. That's GeForce 9600 GT with NVidia 191.07. Anybody else getting this? Is it a known issue?

Bûrz-hluth

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2009
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
i wouldn't play this game without the darthmod and the additional units mod. its just so much better with them.

with the darthmod, instead of line infantry having 150ish men they have around 300 and other units have up to 600 men in them. it also makes the weapons more realistic, improves the BAI and incorporated the famous blood and smoke mod.

PNV

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2006
The Peninsula
I enjoyed a lot of mods for Empire: Total War, but for some reason version 1.4 just completely reverted the good things that were in the previous patches, or so it has seemed to me. I think I'll just stick with Europa Barbarorum for Rome: Total War in the meantime.

Bluehawk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 13, 2006
Hamilton, ON
Rain didn't effect the firearms in the original Empire:Total War? That seems regressive, since rain could dynamically disable your gunners as far back as in Shogun: Total War. Sporadic showers meant your fire support was constantly flipflopping between functional and defunct. :D I forget if it had any effect in Medieval 2: Total War though.

Sir. Hoppum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 10, 2006
I think it did as the sole purpose the flintlock(?) research is to reduce misfires in the rain.

SiC-Disaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
Well if you take a close look at the soldiers you'll notice some misfires occurring from time to time.
Sometimes the weapon won't fire, and they fiddle around with it for a bit, then try again.

Anyways, that supply line system in NTW sounds very, very interesting :)

husbert

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 1, 2008
Caap, ГEPMAHNR
still playing etw
right now with austria (prussia is really hard to fight)

france declared war and landed with 2000 troops in triest and attacked vienna

genua has a colonie in tunis, swede algier

nice KI (better than the KI of the release)