• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Empire Total War

well, i wonder how they will do that properly.

There are no formations like we have seen in earlier total war games in ww2.

Also, i really hope there will be some awesome realism mod for etw(i dont have it yet though) im kinda missing europa barborum placed in the middle ages for mtw2(i havent kept up with mtw2 that much though) and one for the napoleonic age would be ofc awesome.

Upvote 0
I read rumours in PC Gamer of a WWII Total War game.

That would be cool.

That would not be cool at all with tw the way it is. Although maybe if they had to rewrite the whole AI thet might get it slightly right this time. Rather doubt it though.

Does no one else find it depresing the AI has not signifigantly advanced since shogun? And has definetly regressed in some areas...

Upvote 0
I did all the campaign until it dumps you in a grand campaign type situation where you can carry on if you wish. At that point I created a new campaign as you should know everything at that point to play with any nation. America isn't available in the normal campaign though so if you want to play as the yankees continue with RTI. :)

Upvote 0
Dont want to play as no yankee scum! ;)

Think I almost finished the RTI anyway, so most things would have been covered, probably start a new full campaign as the Brits, though maybe with a smaller faction if I get over come by the spread out territories.

if you want to play a small nation at easy mode, choose prussia
they are insanely strong whilst only having 2-3 provinces

Upvote 0
YouTube - Empire Total War - Warpath Campaign Expansion Announced!!!!

Looks like a cash grab to me. Here's a 'feature' list from their website.

- 5 New Playable Factions
Play through the new Warpath Campaign or in multiplayer as one of 5 new American Indian factions in Empire: Total War, including the Iroquois, Huron, Plains, Pueblo and Cherokee nations.

- Expanded North American Territories
A new, more detailed North American Campaign Map featuring new regions and a new start date.

- New Elite Units
Command new Elite units specific to each American Indian faction including Mohawk Elite Warriors, Cheyenne Dog Soldiers, Navajo Scout Warriors and many more.

Shaman and Scout Agents
Two new agent types - Infiltrate enemy territory with the new Shaman unit and sabotage the opposition with the cunning Scout.

- New Tribal Technologies
18 new tribal technologies including Spirit Medicine, the Call of the Wild and Dreamwalking creating a brand new tribal technology tree.

- New Objectives
New winning objectives for each of the playable factions.

There is nothing new here. A couple of new maps, units / skins, and factions that are mostly already available in the original game, just not playable. This is nothing a small mod team couldn't do. Only problem is that the mod tools haven't been released to the community, because if they did, DLC like this wouldn't make them any money.

I really don't like the way Empires was / is being handled. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0