Ehh...how do you select smoke grenade & binoculars?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fornax

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 13, 2006
As Squad Leader:
Selecting grenades, "3", just gives me normal nades.
Trying "6" for wpn function...nothing...and "3" again...nothing...scrollwheel...nothing...

So?
Thanks in advance;)

Reactions: Centory

Centory

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 5, 2011
press 4 for smoke, and 5 for binoculars, but i did hear of a bug that made it so SL 4 and 5 dont have either, dont know if its true, ive never had problem myslef

Helmer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 6, 2010
www.10-78.com
4=Smoke nades
5=Binoculars

Only Squad leaders and the Commander get these.
Some people have reported spawning as a Russian SL on Apartments and not having any Smoke nades. Haven't confirmed this .

Edit: beaten by 10 seconds. Nice!

Last edited:
Reactions: Centory

Maizel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 21, 2011
4=Smoke nades
5=Binoculars

Only Squad leaders and the Commander get these.
Some people have reported spawning as a Russian SL on Apartments and not having any Smoke nades. Haven't confirmed this .

Edit: beaten by 10 seconds. Nice!

Squadleaders 1 and 2 get two smoke grenades Squad leaders 3 and 4 get none. They should just change this to 1 a piece.

Reactions: The Algerian

MrWhitby

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 26, 2011
London,UK
As Squad Leader:
Selecting grenades, "3", just gives me normal nades.
Trying "6" for wpn function...nothing...and "3" again...nothing...scrollwheel...nothing...

So?
Thanks in advance;)

Mouse Wheel, 4 for smoke and 5 i think for binoculars when your Commander

drswank

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 10, 2011
press 4 for smoke, and 5 for binoculars, but i did hear of a bug that made it so SL 4 and 5 dont have either, dont know if its true, ive never had problem myslef

I've had that problem, and it's the worst. I did find out that you can carry to primary weapons! and two pistols!

JellyBelly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2006
What do squad leaders do with the binoculars? Can they order artillery strikes,or order their squad to a specific loacation? If they can, how do you do it?

Luckless

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2011
I've had that problem, and it's the worst. I did find out that you can carry to primary weapons! and two pistols!

Can you dual wield the pistols? I would love that as a server side option easteregg, just for the option of the laughs. Aim would have to be horrible, and reload would have to be realistic, but would still be a good laugh.

Coreldan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2011
What do squad leaders do with the binoculars? Can they order artillery strikes,or order their squad to a specific loacation? If they can, how do you do it?

Commanders need SLs to mark artillery targets, I don't think you need binos for that, but its easier to mark long range targets for it. Once you are aiming at a suitable target, hold B to bring up a manu and select Mark Artillery Target. The commander can then decide which artillery mark (I believe only one per SL, but all SLs can mark one) he wants to send the artillery to.