editor slips out of grid

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

SchutzeSepp

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 23, 2006
hello, i have this really annoying problem with the editor.
i was building stuff for a map, and after opening the map to go on working on it, when i touched the cubes or walls of my map, to move them around. they slip out of the grid and set themselves between the grid lines. even when i go in grid1 to set it right, it doesnt work because it won't snap to any gridlines, it stays between them.

this is really annoying
is there a way to solve this?

thank you!

sandorski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 16, 2006
coquitlam, bc, canada
Likely due to the dimensions you made the Brush. Try to use dimensions of the power of 2 always. If you can't for some reason, you'll need to just be very careful and likely need to tweak your alignments later.

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
assuming you use windows, keep calculator minimized, and train you hand to do [dimension] / 16, or whatever your grid size is. Try to aim for a whole # answer. Still, strange, none the less. What you may need to do is to using vertex editor, ctrl+select all vertices and right click on them to align with grid...

SchutzeSepp

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 23, 2006
thank you all, i re-opened the map and everything was set back on the grids.
if it happens again i will try your suggestions