• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Eastern Front WW1 Mod!!!

7thGuardsTankDiv

Apr 24, 2006
An Eastern Front WW1 mod whould be easy to make because theatre of war already has m91,k98 and luger and ww1 has fever weapons. WW1 didnt just have bolt rifles, the Russian Army issued about 1000 Fedorov Avtomats to the front and they were actually used in combat.Its the worlds first true assault rifle weight of less than ten pounds and firind a smaller cartridge, sweet gun to model! Germans had the mp 18 bergmann submachinegun also great to model.Existing bolt sniper rifles m91 and k98 could also be used in mod and have 4 snipers per side! Its not just bolt rifles in ww1 its mg,sbmg and fedorov avtomat! By adding these two guns and Maxim mg which both sides used to existing RO guns and adding ww1 uniforms and maps this mod whould be easily and eficiently and quickly made. Im interested in organizing a group which whould be interested in making this mod!!!

nice idea, but i guess it wont be that easy, the MN is in, ok, but the k98 in RO is the k98k which means "kurz", its a shortened version of the original mauser gewehr 98 (g 98 -> karabiner 98 kurz (k98k, carbine version..)) which also had a straight bolt, so thers one model taken away from your three that were in.
wasnt the mauser c96 also used in ww1 and the nagant revolver? but they were only in the mod, not ostfront

Upvote 0
The Kar98k didn't exist yet in the First World War. The main german rifle in the war was the Kar's predecessor, the Gewehr 98. The main differences in the Kar vs the G98 are the Kar's shorter length, bolt handles, the sling swivels and the ability to use improved ammunition.

Specs:

Gewehr 98
Calibre: 7.92mm
Length: 1.25m (49.2")
Length of barrel: 740mm (29.1")
Weight: 4.2kg (9.26lbs)
Muzzle velocity: 640m (2,100') per second
Magazine: 5-round box

Karabiner 98k
Calibre: 7.92mm
Length: 1.1075m (43.6")
Length of barrel: 600mm (23.6")
Weight: 3.9kg (8.6lbs)
Muzzle velocity: 755m (2,477') per second
Magazine: 5-round box

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know the k98k is shorter than ww1 k98 but model can be modified and m91 in ww1 is too similar to m91/30 so difference is irrelevant for mosin! So in beta the k98k could be used while k98 model is being made and mosin in ro is fine as is. Both sides could have lugers while ro dev promisses to add nagant, luger counting as captured for Russia. So beta of this mod whould be quickest to make of all mods!

Upvote 0
The mp18 wouldn't really be included tho because the Russians were out of the war in late 1917. The Russians did have automatic rifles but as you say they were very low production number and many never actually saw combat. The only army that used alot of automatic weapons as far as I know was the French for their MG/Tank killer units and even then we're talking a small number of their army.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see the Eastern Front of WW1 done, but I think it's very much more than just a case of editing the existing models. The rifles would need redoing really and the Maxims used by each side were different models.

Good luck with it tho, IMO there are not enough WW1 games out there so it'd be nice to see this get made.

Upvote 0
well...this isn't as easy as the topic starter suggests...you'd have to rebuild ALL the weapon models/animations/sounds/coding etc. reskin all the player models, create new vehicles, alter artillery...its practically a new game! I'd go as far to say this would be even more problematic than us creating the Burning Sands mod, as its in a completely different era, so BOTH side would need all the weapons/vehicles re-produced.

Good luck to whoever takes this idea on board.

Upvote 0