• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Easter egg or just my imagination?

- Hedgehog farm gates - I took for sure those are developer's portraits on a gate (besides comrade Stalin). They just don't look 100% authentic, as if someone pasted his photo onto WW2 Sov soldier portrait (I may be wrong though). (The text is just some mindless propaganda, albeit my Russian is a bit rusty :D )

- Full toilet on Odessa (I guess it does not flush, broken or no running water)

- I think there are devs portraits on pictures on Odessa (disguised as Russian saints) and Hedgehog

- Don't know if it qualifies as Easter Egg but it's funny and I noticed it only recently. When you ride in full Hanomag APC, some soldiers, bored and tense at the same time will start to drum some fast, apparently heavy metal rhythm on his knees, and the terrified one will cross himself (apparently the guy is Austrian or Croat volunteer LOL)

- BTW I see no smiley face on the sky above, and I am sure it wasn't intended as EE anyhow.

Upvote 0
The smiley is in the red circle...

ROsmiley.jpg

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
- Hedgehog farm gates - I took for sure those are developer's portraits on a gate (besides comrade Stalin). They just don't look 100% authentic, as if someone pasted his photo onto WW2 Sov soldier portrait (I may be wrong though). (The text is just some mindless propaganda, albeit my Russian is a bit rusty :D )

- Full toilet on Odessa (I guess it does not flush, broken or no running water)

- I think there are devs portraits on pictures on Odessa (disguised as Russian saints) and Hedgehog

- Don't know if it qualifies as Easter Egg but it's funny and I noticed it only recently. When you ride in full Hanomag APC, some soldiers, bored and tense at the same time will start to drum some fast, apparently heavy metal rhythm on his knees, and the terrified one will cross himself (apparently the guy is Austrian or Croat volunteer LOL)

- BTW I see no smiley face on the sky above, and I am sure it wasn't intended as EE anyhow.
This guy missed it ;)

Upvote 0
82ndfrag said:
Dont think this is an easter egg, but I've always wondered
what it says lol......

Speaking Russian doesn't really bring you much closer to understanding it. I thought it was just me that couldn't figure it so I asked a native speaker to confirm my impression.

Here's roughly what it says:

"Dynamic trio.." (What the three Stalins?) "...defeating Germany one town at the same time....." there then follows a load of ungrammatical, unpunctuated drivel, including such highlights as, "tales will be spoken", until it finally grinds to halt with a flourishing, "AND SO SAY ALL OF US."

I wonder if it was taken from an actual photo taken in a village where the signmaker and village idiot were one and the same person?

I also noticed this on Barashka - it has a message from the designer (JK to 'Squatch ;) )

SasQuatchS0z.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0