Easter egg or just my imagination?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Oleg

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 16, 2006
- Hedgehog farm gates - I took for sure those are developer's portraits on a gate (besides comrade Stalin). They just don't look 100% authentic, as if someone pasted his photo onto WW2 Sov soldier portrait (I may be wrong though). (The text is just some mindless propaganda, albeit my Russian is a bit rusty :D )

- Full toilet on Odessa (I guess it does not flush, broken or no running water)

- I think there are devs portraits on pictures on Odessa (disguised as Russian saints) and Hedgehog

- Don't know if it qualifies as Easter Egg but it's funny and I noticed it only recently. When you ride in full Hanomag APC, some soldiers, bored and tense at the same time will start to drum some fast, apparently heavy metal rhythm on his knees, and the terrified one will cross himself (apparently the guy is Austrian or Croat volunteer LOL)

- BTW I see no smiley face on the sky above, and I am sure it wasn't intended as EE anyhow.

Rrralphster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 4, 2006
Nederland
The smiley is in the red circle...

ROsmiley.jpg

Rrralphster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 4, 2006
Nederland
Oleg said:
- Hedgehog farm gates - I took for sure those are developer's portraits on a gate (besides comrade Stalin). They just don't look 100% authentic, as if someone pasted his photo onto WW2 Sov soldier portrait (I may be wrong though). (The text is just some mindless propaganda, albeit my Russian is a bit rusty :D )

- Full toilet on Odessa (I guess it does not flush, broken or no running water)

- I think there are devs portraits on pictures on Odessa (disguised as Russian saints) and Hedgehog

- Don't know if it qualifies as Easter Egg but it's funny and I noticed it only recently. When you ride in full Hanomag APC, some soldiers, bored and tense at the same time will start to drum some fast, apparently heavy metal rhythm on his knees, and the terrified one will cross himself (apparently the guy is Austrian or Croat volunteer LOL)

- BTW I see no smiley face on the sky above, and I am sure it wasn't intended as EE anyhow.
This guy missed it ;)

Cordite

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 7, 2006
UK
the same thing happens on odessa with the sky texture, doesn't seem like an easter egg to me

Shadowman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Rockville, MD
[5.SS]Strother said:
and occasionaly you will find that at certain angles certain inanimate objects look exactly like the enemy.

I think maybe your player-model is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. Happens in war.

Tomcat_ha

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
The hoff should be ingame. Robot hitler and robostalin should be in aswell.

Tak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 10, 2006
East Coast, USA
I already dislike Arad. No need to put a giant Hasslehoff in it to make it more torturous :p

"Drop it like it's 'Hoff!"

Stoß Zur Kehle

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 6, 2006
i think you guys have your minds set on finding a stinkin easter egg, youre all going head over heels to find on.

I vote, not an easter egg, just part of the sky.

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
82ndfrag said:
Dont think this is an easter egg, but I've always wondered
what it says lol......

Speaking Russian doesn't really bring you much closer to understanding it. I thought it was just me that couldn't figure it so I asked a native speaker to confirm my impression.

Here's roughly what it says:

"Dynamic trio.." (What the three Stalins?) "...defeating Germany one town at the same time....." there then follows a load of ungrammatical, unpunctuated drivel, including such highlights as, "tales will be spoken", until it finally grinds to halt with a flourishing, "AND SO SAY ALL OF US."

I wonder if it was taken from an actual photo taken in a village where the signmaker and village idiot were one and the same person?

I also noticed this on Barashka - it has a message from the designer (JK to 'Squatch ;) )

SasQuatchS0z.jpg

Last edited:

Jack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
Hahah.

BTW I don't thing that cloud is a smiliey face at all...I mean look at it!

You know what they say about clouds....you see anything you want to see in them, especially if you are drunk and/or high.

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
In the basement of Krasniy Oktyabr the face of a dev has been superimposed over Lenin's in a poster. I'm assuming he's a dev..certainly looks like I imagine a dev would. :rolleyes: