• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Easier Objective Management

heath4n

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
I think one of the turnoffs for RO was the fact that it was hard to understand what you had to do.

Again, I'm not advocating the movement away from the realism based concept but ultimately, I think a clever interface that made it easier to understand where you had to go and what you had to do would bring a lot more players to the game.

I think squad leaders and commanders should be able to also influenze this navigation aid as well by directing people to specific objectives.

The other simple thing I would do is make sure that spawns faced you in the right direction.

Sure, it was so hard to understand. Press "O", check where u are, where is next objective to capture/defense. Realistic and easy to understand. If you don't know how to use map and compass - sry you're dead on battlefield.

I dont want to see a huge 3D signs on screen showing where is next objective or big health bars showing over friendly heads. It's lame - CoD arcade gameseries likeable.

Upvote 0
I'm not saying its hard for me, I'm saying it's hard for many potential players. Simple things like facing the wrong way can make the game significantly less fun.

If you try and say that you haven't run in wrong direction many many times then you are lying......

TWI is going to add single player campaing, which i suppose will be for newbies - to learn them basics and imho it's enough. RO doesn't need messy huds showing everything. Soldier should know the order, his position and have map, not more to survive and perform task.

Upvote 0