Easier Objective Management

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

heath4n

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 15, 2009
I think one of the turnoffs for RO was the fact that it was hard to understand what you had to do.

Again, I'm not advocating the movement away from the realism based concept but ultimately, I think a clever interface that made it easier to understand where you had to go and what you had to do would bring a lot more players to the game.

I think squad leaders and commanders should be able to also influenze this navigation aid as well by directing people to specific objectives.

The other simple thing I would do is make sure that spawns faced you in the right direction.

Apos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
Sure, it was so hard to understand. Press "O", check where u are, where is next objective to capture/defense. Realistic and easy to understand. If you don't know how to use map and compass - sry you're dead on battlefield.

I dont want to see a huge 3D signs on screen showing where is next objective or big health bars showing over friendly heads. It's lame - CoD arcade gameseries likeable.

heath4n

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 15, 2009
I'm not saying its hard for me, I'm saying it's hard for many potential players. Simple things like facing the wrong way can make the game significantly less fun.

If you try and say that you haven't run in wrong direction many many times then you are lying......

Apos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
I'm not saying its hard for me, I'm saying it's hard for many potential players. Simple things like facing the wrong way can make the game significantly less fun.

If you try and say that you haven't run in wrong direction many many times then you are lying......

TWI is going to add single player campaing, which i suppose will be for newbies - to learn them basics and imho it's enough. RO doesn't need messy huds showing everything. Soldier should know the order, his position and have map, not more to survive and perform task.