• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server EA KF2 Dedicated Servers

Feelgood

Mar 16, 2006
I have just gotten wind that TW may be ready to release an early access version of KF2. Would it be possible to get in on hosting some of these servers? We have a pretty powerful box located in the Atlanta GA datacenter. Any news about this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I wrote John G. as well. Though I am not a GSP, I do have a server that is currently being upgraded to a dual Xeon six core CPU's operating at 3.1Ghz, Hyper-Threaded and 72GB of RAM. That should be able to host a decent amount of servers. The assigned pipe will be 60 down / 15 up.

We have about 20+ members with many hours of KF1 experience that like to push the envelope when it comes to mutators and dropping Zeds faster than they can blink, to include good ol' FP's starting at wave 1. These guys love the game, and rest assured all know how to give constructive criticism and praise.

If all goes well, it should be able to offer some pretty decent historical data about performance, when I have the time to yank all of that out. I do have a commitment around the first weekend in May, but that will NOT stop the admin crew and myself from getting the Killing Floor 2 server up as fast as possible.

We're looking forward to seeing what Killing Floor 2 offers. I am stoked at the price as well. I might even buy a 12 pack - of the GAME (smirk) and pass it out to group members so we can all experience the game at "launch" on 21 April.

Having the steamcmd server available 2-3 days in advance would be cool. Since it is coming out on Tuesday the 21st, it would be GREAT if it was available on the 18th (Saturday) to allow for any type of issues that might arise.

The ONLY issue is - if the steamcmd server requires a purchase of the game itself. If that is the case, I'd pre-purchase a game code if its available, just to stand the server up.

Any additional info from people is appreciated - including the busy TWI Killing Floor 2 staff as well. = )

Last edited:
Upvote 0