• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] E3 2008: The Thread

98% of the games are for Xbox360. I mean sure it's their console but then dont start this games for windows crap and act like they'd care for PC Gaming.
The 360 has more titles coming out than the PC. Thus, they make more money. And they are actually blockbuster titles. Not ports of games that came out three years ago. The PC is an afterthought for MS when it comes to gaming, regardless of what they plaster on a cardboard box.

Not really any new game announcements
In your opinion. FFXIII? All the XBL Arcade game titles. Lots of release dates were announced, and surprising.
No Halo, No Alan Wake
Because there's not a new Halo ready to go, other than Halo Wars which will be demo'd on the floor.
80% of the people on the stage were some japanese and most of them couldnt even speak proper english
Actually it was just the one guy from Square-Enix who could barely speak English. The rest would be Japanese-American, or of Asian descent. :rolleyes:
all this rockstar, guitar hero stuff and xbox live stuff with avatars etc. just not interesting (me at least and many others who saw it feel so too).
I'm excited for Rock Band and the new Xbox Live stuff. While the avatars are a bit lame, I am pumped for the new features.

It wasn't so bad in the end but definitely less then I and many people expected. Anyways next up: EA Press conference 6 PM ET / 0:00 GMT+1
Who are all these other people? Everthing I read said it was great if for nothing else the announcement of Netflix on XBL! What were you expecting? Virtual girls to come out and F you? :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guess what.

1201871825160xv6xi3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
The 360 has more titles coming out than the PC. Thus, they make more money. And they are actually blockbuster titles. Not ports of games that came out three years ago. The PC is an afterthought for MS when it comes to gaming, regardless of what they plaster on a cardboard box.

In your opinion. FFXIII? All the XBL Arcade game titles. Lots of release dates were announced, and surprising.
Because there's not a new Halo ready to go, other than Halo Wars which will be demo'd on the floor. Actually it was just the one guy from Square-Enix who could barely speak English. The rest would be Japanese-American, or of Asian descent. :rolleyes:I'm excited for Rock Band and the new Xbox Live stuff. While the avatars are a bit lame, I am pumped for the new features.
Yah whatever, tbh I don't care :p

@Sheperd

lol nice painting :D

but whats so bad about the ps3?

Upvote 0
I'll concede that they had a huge trend towards more casual titles in this conference, but as a whole, the entire E3 show is going down the tubes.

There probably won't be a new Halo outside of the new Halo Wars, unless Bungie's announcement http://www.bungie.net reveals something crazy.

Really, you can't fault the Japanese developers being on stage. Japan is still the mecca of gaming so far as most everyone is concerned. Microsoft wants to tap more into that region and what better way than to get some Japanese devs on board.

Upvote 0
You don't consider the EA + id partnership a new announcement?

Anyway, to correct the first of your double post (which I've since corrected), EA did not buy id. It's a partnership, not a new ownership.
Yes but not a new game announcement. No new Medal of Honor(and there's definitely one in development), nothing about BF3, etc.

Press conferences are there for announcing stuff so it makes me angry that there have barely been any games announced yet

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Will have to wait and see with Fallout3, Oblivion looked fantastic and all that but it really was shallow and a bit awful. Despite its "heritage"...
I'm pumped for Fallout 3, but the animations of the enemies shown in that trailer SUCK. They look like boards walking around. I'm hoping they'll make them a bit fancier for release. They were too robotic, like the one enemy runs right in front of the player, he shoots them, and stands there and gets blown away by a shotgun.

Also, anyone catch the "lip-synching" antics of Cliff Blezenski showing off Gears 2? "I'm going to play with (some guy) who's backstage, and then in the midst of the level he's "playing" the screen goes black and restarts and plays through again EXACTLY how it happened seconds earlier. What a joke! Just tell people it's pre-recorded footage! At least it's in-game! :rolleyes::D

Upvote 0
In other news UbiSoft announced 'I am Alive' today.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36319.html

finally a new game announced! :D

ALRIGHT LOL now Capcoms "press conference" was EPIC FAIL. It started 30minutes too late, then they talked 10mins about the upcoming Lost Planet movie and then it was over. Not even one single word on any of their games. LOL seriously LOL.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ALRIGHT LOL now Capcoms "press conference" was EPIC FAIL. It started 30minutes too late, then they talked 10mins about the upcoming Lost Planet movie and then it was over. Not even one single word on any of their games. LOL seriously LOL.

I don't know what you expected but they already released various gameplay vids of Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter 4 and Mega Man 9.

Have you watched Nintendo's press conference? If you thought Microsoft's was embarrassing to watch, you should've seen soccer mom presenting 'Dog Frisbee: The Game' and Miyamoto playing saxophone on a wiimote.

Penny Arcade summed up the three 'big' press conferences pretty well:

20080716.jpg

Upvote 0