• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Dying Immediately on Spawn

NumberZero

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2013
Hello all,

I'm currently building a very, very large map that is supposed to be one huge, open area. The brush I've set to work in is 100,000 x 100,000 x 100,000. I can see the 'void' even with fog on, although I don't know if this is my problem or not.
Every time I spawn, I die. I've already hit 'build all', moving the spawner, all those things, but nothing changes. My screen just lights up because of the really annoying 'void'.

If anyone could help that could be great.

Couple of things that come to mind.

1. Does your map start with the KF designation?

2. If this is an outside map, at spawn start can you see yourself falling at all even if your on the bridge? Just for clarification, I see the Zone Info actor.... Is there a Terrain Info actor in the map as well? if so have you added layers and have terrain ? You may not have terrain and your simply falling to the very bottom of the map and dying.

3. A "void" if your standing on it can cause you to instantly die. I have had a few issues with that in the past. It depends on the situation. Create a solid block or rectangle and hang it in mid air and put the spawn points on that. See if you croak immediately or not.

Save the map in the editor to your maps folder. Then close editor and go into the KF game, locate your map and start it that way. Do you die that way as well ?

A 100,000 height ? really ? Thats WAY excessive. I can see 10,000 maybe, but geeesh. ten times that, to me is ludicrous.

You didnt provide much details on how you created this map, so what you give us in detail is what you can expect to get back. More details offers us the ability to find out whats going on. Is this your first attempt at a map?

Last edited:
Upvote 0