• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Dukla Pass - Carpathian Crosses map

The Battle of Dukla Pass was a massive battle that occurred in Slovakia from September 8th to October 25th 1944. It was officially known as the “Carpathian Operation” by the battle commanders. Casualties were immense, - over 138,000 dead in 50 days

Tank Battle:-
"On October 25th, the rainfall which had impeded the Allied advance began to subside. At 10 a.m. the Soviet side began and 80 minute artillery barrage and air attacks. This followed by advance of the 305th Soviet Rifle Division and the 12th Guards Tank Brigade. Advancing through a narrow mountain valley, they were unable to develop any coordinated line. Yet they entered the village of Nizna Pisana and engaged the German Mark IV tanks successfully. Breaking the enemy's resistance, the 12th Guards Tank Brigade moved 1.5 kilometers south of the village.
Here it came up against the German artillery and the land mines. When night fell, the illumination of the sky caused by German artillery fire enabled Soviet engineers to destroy the mines planted in the road. The advancing Soviet infantry captured two German artillery pieces and five tanks.
On the morning of the 26th, Soviet aircraft struck hard at the enemy's artillery and mine battalions. Soviet infantry and tanks advanced once again. Yet in the area between the villages of Kapisova and Dobroslava the Germans were particularly well entrenched. Their artillery batteries hurtled an estimated 75,000 shells against the Soviets. Consequently, all the Soviet tanks committed to the Valley of Death were destroyed."

This is my first map ever, so it has been a long road to get this far. It uses the Carpathian Crosses mod, mainly for the static meshes and textures.
You will need the Carpathian Crosses mod installed to play the map. Carpathian Crosses can be downloaded from this link:-
http://computergames.ro/ro/downloads/viewitem/id/10632/name/carpathian-crosses-beta-1-server.html

The Dukla Pass Map File can be downloaded from Fileplanet:-
http://hosted.filefront.com/AKAricky/

It is currently available to play on the <AKA>Battlegrounds server.

Hope this appeals to the tankers out there.
<AKA>Ricky

Attachments

• Dukla_Kapisova_Village2.jpg
    Dukla_Kapisova_Village2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Dukla_Kapisova_Hill.jpg
    Dukla_Kapisova_Hill.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Dukla_svidnik.jpg
    Dukla_svidnik.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Dukla_Kapisova_Village.jpg
    Dukla_Kapisova_Village.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Dukla_Nizna.jpg
    Dukla_Nizna.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
looks v. nice-
however though i understand it's set in 1944 but it's a shame there's no CC tanks.
I know i'm in a minority of one here but i actually like early war tanks- they have character, are fun and play brilliantly.
The best thing about CC for me was the new tanks.

In the german community there is a guy doing an arad conversion for CC tanks, might be interesting for you. He was also trying to convert some of the stock RO tanks to the CC damage model. There are some pics on the CC website.

Upvote 0
Dukla Pass Beta 2 is now released. I tidied up a couple of small glitches that were missed in the beta1 stage, and have trimmed down some of the external textures and Static Meshes I had been using.

Captain Obvious, I would love to see some of the pics you have. Do you have a link to a website where they are hosted online? I found a fair amount of Dukla photography online, and had even considered travelling over to Slovakia to take some photos of my own.

The beta 2 can be downloaded from the Filefront page listed above.

Is is also now hosted at RO.pl map repositry.

Upvote 0
In the german community there is a guy doing an arad conversion for CC tanks, might be interesting for you. He was also trying to convert some of the stock RO tanks to the CC damage model. There are some pics on the CC website.

yeah sounds nice i'll check it out.
btw I know there's more to CC than a couple of new tanks, but as a tank fan who appreciates something origional it was great to see interesting early war armour - similarly, MN appeals to me predominantly for this reason also, despite having many other virtues.

Like many i wish there was more CC being played online -
I guess in a way its a shame you cant wrap CC content up with it's maps to increase it's compatibility with the stock game and therfore and encourage it to be used in server rotations - but i guess the damage model and other extra changes make this impractical.
Mind you of course that's what makes CC a mod as opposed to a mere content pack of skins/maps/vehicles.

Upvote 0