• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual Spitfires: Elite reload on Firebug

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    While people say that this is one of the best early game weapons for Firebug, I feel like most of that talk's coming from its utility in Zed Time. Outside of it, I find it to be one of the most annoying weapons to use due to its cumbersome reloading compared to other Firebug weapons. Because of this, I think it might be worth it to give the Firebug a hidden third skill at Level 15 that he will unconditionally gain that does the following:

Level 15: Burn
    Dual Spitfires proficiency (unlisted)
    The Dual Spitfires will now use the Elite reload animations, but are subject to a 20% reload speed penalty. This is intended to stack with the Firebug's passive reload speed per level. This skill is always active regardless of your Level 15 skill choice

Here's how this will change the reload speeds for firebug:

Level 0: 2.75s half, 2.91 empty (same as before)
    Level 14: 2.36s half, 2.51 empty (same as before)
    Level 15: 2.11 both (was 2.33s half, 2.47s empty)
    Level 25: 1.91 both (was 2.06 half, 2.18s empty)

This would also give the Firebug's dual pistols a much cooler-looking reload animation that would otherwise only be accessible to the Gunslinger and Survivalist.

I'd rather they changed up the imbalanced tier 1 choices and the passives.

What we currently have (among other things of course):

• Tier 1 left = +35% damage
    • Tier 1 right = +100% magsize
    • Passive damage = +20% damage (at level 25)
    • Passive reload = x0,8 reload (at level 25)

I'd change it to this:

• Tier 1 left = Elite reloads (and maybe something else, like less recoil?)
    • Tier 2 right = +100% magsize (and elite reloads for its guns that can't benefit from the magbonus, like the HRG Scorcher - this elite-for-non-benefitters-of-magsize-bonuses thing should be a thing for ALL perks, rather than that poor idea of buffing Support's magsize choice, urgh...)
    • Passive damage = +50% damage (at level 25)
    • Passive reload = Removed.

Reactions: flashn00b
    Upvote 0
    I'd rather they changed up the imbalanced tier 1 choices and the passives.

What we currently have (among other things of course):

• Tier 1 left = +35% damage
    • Tier 1 right = +100% magsize
    • Passive damage = +20% damage (at level 25)
    • Passive reload = x0,8 reload (at level 25)

I'd change it to this:

• Tier 1 left = Elite reloads (and maybe something else, like less recoil?)
    • Tier 2 right = +100% magsize (and elite reloads for its guns that can't benefit from the magbonus, like the HRG Scorcher - this elite-for-non-benefitters-of-magsize-bonuses thing should be a thing for ALL perks, rather than that poor idea of buffing Support's magsize choice, urgh...)
    • Passive damage = +50% damage (at level 25)
    • Passive reload = Removed.
    That's... actually a pretty good idea, I think. +50% bonus damage might be a bit overkill however, since the Pyro also inflicts damage over time to ignited enemies. Maybe +1.6%/level (+40% damage at level 25) and if there's enough room for another passive, an extra second of DoT duration every 5 levels?

Reactions: Aze
    Upvote 0