• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual 9mm Mistake...huge drop in ammo? what do u think

skillshot

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Ok for one i hate the Dual 9mm, it lands off center, cant tell which which pistol is going to fire. Second thing that bugs me is that if u pick up a pistol in the beginning rounds, and throw it down, this splits your ammo in half if you throw it. If you have 9 clips, it gets split into four+ half a clip...it adds weight, doesnt seem to help much on recoil (especially if i have sharpshooter5*). Second thing is the 9mm on the ground sometimes has the flashlight in the skin to pick it, and sometimes doesnt. this leading to sometimes accidently picking it up trying to grab a Handcannon(which on my 19 inch screen is sometimes hard to distinguish.

Pros: slightly faster fires rate (but not much, cause the pistol seems to fire on spot as fast as you can click.

Cons: 3 blocks of weight, splits ammo if picked up, hard to recognize

...seems to need some kind of fix, or choice imo. if i can check a box in my options to never pick up the 9mm...i would!

Not exactly sure what you want here. You don't like auto picking up weapons? You can just walk around them. In earlier rounds I don't see why you wouldn't want to pick it up though. It's just free money. I also prefer using a single pistol instead of dual simply because it's much more accurate. I've also never had an issue of running out of pistol ammo. It doesn't really matter in later waves because you have a better primary weapon and likely no more extra space to pick anything up.

Upvote 0
Better idea: Fix it so when you have dual pistols, tossing one doesn't toss half the damned ammo. :p

Actually, that would probably lead to exploiting, as whenever you pick up a new pistol you get some ammo, so you could concievably just toss and pick up a handcannon whenever you wanted some ammo. That's probably why they made it the way it is.

Upvote 0
Actually, that would probably lead to exploiting, as whenever you pick up a new pistol you get some ammo, so you could concievably just toss and pick up a handcannon whenever you wanted some ammo. That's probably why they made it the way it is.

Just make it so the new pistol splits you ammo when picked up, then unsplits it when dropped.

Simple.

I mean, ****, it only adds ammo because the gun has it's own ammo supply in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah this is bloody annoying.
When you're in a pinch because they're all coming after you and you don't look down and run over a pistol and pick it up. I'd drop the pistol, because I can get more headshots that way, killing them faster and also saving ammo, but it takes a chunk from my inventory. Very stupid. it needs to be fixed definitely.

Upvote 0
Not exactly sure what you want here. You don't like auto picking up weapons? You can just walk around them. In earlier rounds I don't see why you wouldn't want to pick it up though. It's just free money. I also prefer using a single pistol instead of dual simply because it's much more accurate. I've also never had an issue of running out of pistol ammo. It doesn't really matter in later waves because you have a better primary weapon and likely no more extra space to pick anything up.

For one im a 5* in all the core perks...and there are many simple money management exploits that i wont go into detail. So i always have legit guns, and ammo. Normally have 1500+ to spend after the first wave (maybe 1100 on suicidal). The 9mm is ridiculous to add as much weight as a HC, and add simply nothing to firepower. (i will take the easy heads with a single pistol over split sights for dualies every single time) That aside, i just want an option to NEVER pick up the dual 9mm for ammo or anything else... i rarely hear an empty click from my pistol anyways. Simply not worth it to me, with all the negative perks that comes with it! Just saying!

Upvote 0
talking about todding a dualy to gain ammo

this simply is not true...you can toss an empty pistol and it will have 0 bullets for it (or any other gun, thats empty). To rectify this, they should just make it so the 9mm tosses 2 clips or 3 clips of ammo (whatever the 9mm has default in it before you pick it up) this way u dont lose half, u just dont gain bullets. then again this affects other weapons, i know i want more than 2 clips in my full ak when i toss it down...so i see both sides of the argument. im just hoping they put some coding specific to the 9mm to eleviate some of these issues.

Upvote 0
I don't generally get the use of dual weapons.
Especially the 9mm is a hard case because it already has a pretty fast reload animation so the bigger clip size does nothing.
You also can't carry more ammo that way, the max clips just get cut in half.

I'd prefer to have double the ammo if I have dualies so they're at least good for something or I just want them to actually shoot twice as fast without me clicking like a maniac like for example one click could -babam- fire both guns or an autofire mode for dualies.
It's not like you can really aim anymore anyway.

Right now dualies (except maybe handcannons that're being used in close combat so you need that large clip) are totally pointless and I always sell the second gun.

Upvote 0
I know what he means...

say You have 15 / 15 for a 9mm. Then you run over a 9mm a team-mate dropped when he died. You automaticly get the duel 9mm but you dont want it, cause you want to shoot acurate. so you throw it to the ground to find you now only have 15 / 7 clips now. Then go wtf.

If you call loosing amo an exploit, even after you paid for it at the trader. Then somethings seriously wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
autopickup has been discussed in many threads already. Here's just one example:

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=35116[/URL]

In User.ini under [Engine.PlayerController] set
bNeverSwitchOnPickup=true

Doesn't solve the dual pistol though.

But you do still pick it up, right? The parameter says switchonpickup, i'm assuming you do still pick it up, but just don't switch when you pick up.
If it does disable autopick up, then how do you manually pick up weapons?

Upvote 0
I know what he means...

say You have 15 / 15 for a 9mm. Then you run over a 9mm a team-mate dropped when he died. You automaticly get the duel 9mm but you dont want it, cause you want to shoot acurate. so you throw it to the ground to find you now only have 15 / 7 clips now. Then go wtf.

If you call loosing amo an exploit, even after you paid for it at the trader. Then somethings seriously wrong.

Exactly!

Upvote 0