• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Dsas is back!!! The original and best ff server

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
That's right folks we're back. The old thread was getting a bit long in the tooth so here's a brand new DSAS friendly fire server notice thread.

Are you tired of exploiters and glitchers...?
Are you tired of grinders power leveling the same map over and over again (legal or not)?
Is the game not the same challenge it was?

You need FRIENDLY FIRE men and here's a server that can provide you with a real man's challenge.

Server setting: 70% FF HARD LONG

This map has the stock maps plus only the best custom maps. Less is more. We guarantee NO horse manure maps. There's nothing worse than someone voting for an abomination or an old beta map. This way you know at least you'll have a good map even if it was not your first choice. We operate a map vote count on the server. Map votes are weighted towards the better players so kill more and stay alive longer and you get more map votes at the end of the round. Simple.

We don't like cheaters so they get banned. However if you see one exploiting a map especially a stock map we do turn a blind eye to 'accidental' team kills. It's for the greater good and they get a ban later as the logs are reviewed daily. Though be warned if you decide to take such an extreme course of action it may take a few rounds to settle down until they leave. I would also add there are not so many cheaters on FF servers mainly because FF is harder. And your average cheater wants the easiest route possible to achieve their fake goal and they need the additional difficulties that FF presents like they do a hole in the head.

I would also add that you show some latitude for accidental TK's. It's life and it happens. Laugh, take a swig of beer and promise yourself you wont run in front of that trigger happy nutter again.

Map list @ 30/07/10:

Maps=KF-2005Bioticslab
Maps=KF-2005Manor
Maps=KF-2005Offices
Maps=KF-2005SewersV2
Maps=KF-2005WestLondon
Maps=kf-bedlam
Maps=KF-BioticsLab
Maps=KF-Biohazard-Rv1
Maps=KF-Biohazard-XTX
Maps=KF-Brewery
Maps=KF-CornerMarket_v3
Maps=KF-CarryOnUp
Maps=KF-Chthon
Maps=kf-crash
Maps=kf-departed
Maps=KF-Farm
Maps=kf-filthscross
Maps=kf-foundry
Maps=KF-Grimpen
Maps=KF-Harbor
Maps=KF-HospitalHorrors-DCF
Maps=kf-icebreaker
Maps=KF-Manor
Maps=KF-MosEisleyScum
Maps=KF-MountainPassDay
Maps=KF-MountainPassNight
Maps=KF-Offices
Maps=KF-Prison
Maps=KF-Refugev2
Maps=kf-Sector13-JF
Maps=KF-Sewers
Maps=KF-Stranded-Remix
Maps=KF-Suburbia_Final
Maps=KF-ThelongDarkRoad
Maps=KF-TrailOfTheWoodsFINAL
Maps=kf-waterworks
Maps=KF-WestLondon
Maps=KF-WestLondonNight_v7
Maps=kf-wyre

SERVER IP: 6 Players Killing Floor 217.163.28.179:7707

Last edited:
I hope this means you'll be playing too sometimes. :)

Yarr. KF is like a fine wine now. To be savoured and enjoyed. I recommend a bottle of Pinot Grigio and Heavy Metal. It goes down a treat while you play.

P.S. Updated the maplist as the previous one seemed to exclude Bedlam horror of horrors (one of my favourites) and those rather fun grim as you like 2005 versions of the stock maps.

Upvote 0
EDIT: I like the name of your server :p

Despite the server name this probably will not come as a surprise when I say you would be amazed at how many people still join, fire a few shots and then say "err... friendly fire?". That said most are fast learners and relish the challenge. Those that are not leave straight away since it normally takes one TK haha. 70% is perfectly balanced.

Upvote 0
Despite the server name this probably will not come as a surprise when I say you would be amazed at how many people still join, fire a few shots and then say "err... friendly fire?". That said most are fast learners and relish the challenge. Those that are not leave straight away since it normally takes one TK haha. 70% is perfectly balanced.

You know, perhaps you should set a password like 'friendlyfire' and put this in the server name. That way only people who actually read the server name will be able to join, and at the same time they'll know that friendly fire is enabled.

Just a thought.

Upvote 0
I use to get the most intense-adrenalinics times on kf in ye old Dsas server , i remember joinning and that voice like a call from ancient times saying " hey hanzo , how is the weather in america?" on the mic .
Ye old server was one of my prefferd servers in the past , and now im pretty sure it will be again .
Adding it to favorites Right Now .
Greetings Lord Gusone.

Upvote 0
On August 15th Korea celebrates its liberation from brutal Japanese rule. For South Koreans languishing in prison it is an especially joyful day. Since many of them are freed. Every year 1000's of criminals, big and small, receive a presidential pardon. So in support of South Korea I shall pardon Nath in recognition of his services to the KF community. Nath PM me your steam id (the ban list is around 750 and you're buried in there somewhere).

Reactions: Rudo
Upvote 0
I tried this server and the chat filter was the funniest thing ever.

Shhhh... don't tell them. It's the funniest thing reading the logs when people don't realise and then they try and dig themselves out of a hole trying to beat the filter only making things worse for themselves. It inevitably ends with them emoquiting because they cannot curse after trying to abuse the Admin which they can't do either.

Upvote 0
I see, so this is the legendary chat filtered server. Sadly i don't think I'm man enough to play with 70% friendly fire, I'd be too afraid to shoot near people. =/

10-50% i think is around my limit

If you shoot someone, just turn around and start shooting in the other direction, then blame it on the closest guy :p

Reactions: CandleJack
Upvote 0