• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad DSAS Friendly Fire Server Notice

You guys gotten used to the post-patch difficulty yet? I still get reliably owned in the later waves of Hard (Usually due to the team wiping and leaving me alone!), but Normal is pretty simple now...

Yeh normal is back to normal. However we are noticing a few new people joining who are clearly new to the game (so KF must still be selling). You can tell this because of the combination of very low perks and the fact they run around with no idea with the wrong weapon and generally killing all the mobs in the wrong order. The temptation to shoot them in the back of the head is hard to resist but enivitably they die quickly so we can get on with the job in hand without the risk of further blue on blue damage. I'm still reticent to crank up the difficulty to Hard with FF. Its a catch 22 - crank it up to Hard no one joins and the server becomes a ghost town - keep it at Normal and then you get some low quality individuals joining. Ultimately we run this server for ourselves and the few hours we use it each evening so its serves its purpose very well.

Upvote 0
Bleh, I don't see you guys online enough. Roughly what time do you play?

I had an interesting game just now, some person going by the name of -=>GDS<=-_Mutti hurled abuse at me over voice chat because I healed someone (perhaps he wanted to heal him?) and then I made the mistake of trying to kill a Scrake with a chainsaw, which killed this guy. Needless to say when he respawned he killed me twice. :p

Upvote 0
You got to love the German Death Squad steam community. Full of wholesome young men looking for a good time. Was he reciting Mien Kampf in between orders for healing?

I know they're a "Serious" group, but I can't help but laugh every time they get mad at me for something and start screaming in german over the mic! Add in some of the HILARIOUS pro-nazi, anti-american/britain/france rhetoric they toss out and you have something that's...unique. Half the time I can't tell if they're being serious or not, spouting stuff like "Erwin Rommel was your god, American pig-dog!"

I've only seen 'em on a few servers but they're always good for a laugh or two.

Anyway, Hard seems to scare off most of the newbies, yes, but I can't bear to play on Normal these days, to be honest. I can do so much bull-crapping and hot-dogging that I know 110% would get me killed on Hard that I feel bad...

Upvote 0
Also, ye of the hasty banhammer, the new skins are out legit now, so I'd hesitate before insta-banning the next Hazmat-wearing trooper on your server. You can still ban DJ_Scully ones, though. They look like total tools, IMO...

On a more serious note: Those Hazmat Suits actually look stunningly like a Bloat at any reasonable range, so for the love of god, CONFIRM YOUR TARGET BEFORE SHOOTING! I've had a mess of TKs on me recently as I like playing as a Firebug in that suit!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Right we've added the following high quality maps to the DSAS FF server (we manage version control so it'll always be the latest version unless we have a reason):

Brewery
Corner Market
MoseisleyNightXS
Filthscross

If you're a KF FF fan boi then make sure you also join the Killing Floor Friendly Fire Players (KFFF) steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KillingFloorFriendlyFire?action=join for like minded FF fans to join and team up with.

Have fun and pm any hand jobs spoiling the party. I do horrible things with their steam ids and IP addresses.

Keeping the FF dream alive.

Upvote 0