• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad DSAS Friendly Fire Server Notice

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
If you're looking for a dedicated HARD FF server I'm running this one. The clan itself is a bunch of RL friends so there's no recruitment as such. However all are more than welcome to use it - giving back to the community as I see it. Anyway FF scale is currently 70%. It's 7 waves normal since we are grown ups and time is short so we like to see as many maps as possible in out alotted time. FF makes it very interesting and if you kill the Patriarch congratulations you wont be doing that every time with FF I can assure you. I only put solid maps on so not to dilute the KF experience, listed below. I'll add as I see fit.

Current maps:

DefaultMaps=kf-bedlam
DefaultMaps=KF-Biohazard-XTX
DefaultMaps=KF-Biohazard-Rv1
DefaultMaps=KF-Candlesmoke
DefaultMaps=KF-CarryOnUp
DefaultMaps=KF-Chthon
DefaultMaps=KF-CornerMarket_v3
DefaultMaps=kf-crash
DefaultMaps=KF-departed
DefaultMaps=kf-filthscross
DefaultMaps=KF-foundry
DefaultMaps=KF-Grimpen
DefaultMaps=KF-HospitalHorrors-DCB3
DefaultMaps=kf-icebreaker
DefaultMaps=KF-MountainPassDay
DefaultMaps=KF-MountainPassNight
DefaultMaps=kf-offices
DefaultMaps=KF-SewersV1
DefaultMaps=KF-Stranded-Remix
DefaultMaps=KF-Suburbia_Beta3
DefaultMaps=KF-Swamp
DefaultMaps=KF-ThelongDarkRoad
DefaultMaps=KF-TrailOfTheWoodsFINAL
DefaultMaps=kf-waterworks
DefaultMaps=KF-WestLondonNight_v7
DefaultMaps=kf-wyre

We are here you want us. We are here if you dont. Server details in the signature

|
|
|
V

Last edited:
Update:

We have moved on to WestLondonNight_V7 - couple of extra fixes over the previous version.

Also now running KF-DarkRoads - Simply an awesome map.

Redirect server is fast as fook so no need to worry about the maps taking an age to download, nor no need to worry about manually downloading and installing them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I played a couple of games, and on the last game I survived the entire thing right up to the patriarch, until some idiot killed me with a single blast from the hunting shotgun. I don't see the fun in that.

I do. Its the challenge. You'll appreciate a Patriarch kill on FF even more than suicidal non FF.

And besides you should not have stepped in front of the shotgun line of sight so its your fault haha

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is fundamental problem with any game that has friendly fire on: it happens. It might happen due minor mistake or error, it might happen by accident, it might happen on purpose if some idiot is fooling around, it might happen due pure stupidity etc.

Only real problem is that since majority of people are not too accustomed to FF nor its effects, they end up blasting away and only realizing afterwards that "lol ff on lol."

Upvote 0
It's not a case of it being a challenge, it's a case of being lucky enough not to have bad players in the game.

As it happens, I was standing still in front of the patriarch shooting at him when it happened. I wasn't running about in front of other players like some idiot. Oh well.

Maybe its me but I laugh when I get capped by accident. It makes me laugh. Its the law of the sod.
When FF works with a good group it is a thing of beauty. And it does work even with randoms which makes it even more beautiful. You got to to put things into perspective. When I get capped its an opportunity to get another glass of Pinot Grigio. I get more irritated at having an empty glass next to me than getting capped by accident.

Upvote 0
Upped the difficulty to hard since Pat was dying 75% of the time.

Holy mother of christ on a bike - its hard as hell with Friendly Fire on. Total wipefest continually - I think we reached level five once with a few regulars and a couple of randoms.

Only a wipefest cuz I haven't played on your server yet. When I get there, it'll be a...well still a wipefest... but with me there! I might try it this weekend, if I get some time to play.

Upvote 0
Back on normal for now. It was too demoralising. We need some wins after that horror to restore our pride. Probably do a couple of days a week on Hard for the challenge. Anymore than that and it'll grind us down, you got to be able to kill Pat at least a few times. Otherwise its not disimilar to eating a crushed glass sandwich and having to smile and say what a great time you are having at the same time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You should add HappyHour to your map rotation. The only fault on that map is that the trader is in a fixed location, but it's out in the open. The 3 story Pub is a much better stronghold.

It's kind of fun making a mad dash from the pub to the trader in hopes of being able to get your shiny new guns and body armor and make it back inside before the wave begins.

Upvote 0