• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [DownLoad] Falidell's TriggerPack

Falidell

Grizzled Veteran
May 22, 2009
Mesa,Az,USA
Falidell's TriggerPack
UPDATE 5
NOW WHITELISTED As if April 1,2011
Code:
Update 5(January 28, 2011)

*FA_AutoTrigger - added StartonHumanSpawn when true it will automatically 
fire it's EventToFire when a player spawns(after the readyscreen ) if false it'll
fire the EventToFire Immediatly when the level starts(just before the ReadyScreen)

*FA_Counter - added StopAtNumToCount, when true: after it's count reaches
 NumToCount it'll fire it's FinishedEvent and stop. as in it'll ignore all future
 interactions. when false it'll reset it's count back to 0 after it fires it's finishedEvent

*FA_RandomTrigger -fixed a bug that would cause it to stop working after prolonged use....

*FA_shooter - added and fixed the Accuracyspread so 25.00=25degree
 spread for the projectiles spawned

*a bunch of other stuff i simply forgot about over the last 2 months.. give or take.

Questions, Comments, concerns, requests, Help with setting up triggers to do something?
Steam : Falidell
e-Mail : [email protected]
or you can PM me here on the forums

Download LINK here
Source Files Here

this is a Trigger pack i've been working on as of late. it's my donation to those who want to make mission maps or any map really.. some of these can be done with Scripted Triggers but these make it easier to do with more options

also some of the options for some of these triggers are for special use can can be ignored if you want.. i've marked them in the descriptions for them

so yea... A Gift from Me to You!!! =D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to install
place Fall_TriggerPack.u in Killingfloor/System

go into your killingfloor.ini found via.
killingfloor/system/killingfloor.ini

and add
editPackages=Fall_TriggerPack
where you see the rest of the EditPackages.. it's near the middle of the file
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the triggers are located via Actor->Triggers

except the FA_Spawnpoint thats located actor->navigationpoint

WHITEListed
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the triggers and the Descriptions for them
Important Note: nearly all of these totally ignore whatever is in the Event piece of the Properties->Events section.. so only set the tag there to whatever you want and use the EventsTofire,YesEvent,NoEvent,TrueEvent,etc. to place the tag of whatever you want to trigger

FA_AutoTrigger
Spoiler!

FA_Check_PlDIF
Spoiler!

FA_CompairConditions
Spoiler!

FA_Conditionals
Spoiler!

FA_Multi_Conditional
Spoiler!

FA_Switch
Spoiler!

FA_Counter
Spoiler!

FA_ForceRespawn
Spoiler!

FA_LoopTrigger
Spoiler!

FA_RandomTrigger
Spoiler!

FA_Relay_Plus
Spoiler!

FA_Spawner
Spoiler!

FA_SpawnPoint
Spoiler!

FA_StoryLines
Spoiler!

FA_TriggerChance
Spoiler!

FA_VariableTimer
Spoiler!

KFDoorMoverPlus
Spoiler!

FA_Shooter
Spoiler!

FA_ResetER
Spoiler!

===================================================
Legal Bull****:

Anyone and Everyone May Use, Modify, change, in other words have these scripts/Files for their own use

you have full permission. i don't even care if i get credit, trivial things such as that are of no concern to me

Clearification/explaination: i've been raised with the idiology that it is Extremely rude to expect any kind of reward/credit for preforming any kind of work or assistance unless we specifically ask for it right before we perform such actions. and sense i did not ask for it this work is free game to anyone by my book

Last edited:
Thanks guys =D i've put around 100 hours of coding, testing, experimentation, more coding, and more testing.

so everything here works 100% single-player and multi-player.. dedicated servers included

and ok i'll attempt to get it whitelisted tho i can almost guarantee they won't like the FA_ForceRespawn trigger for obvious reasons lol!

Edit: i'll post a very basic level showcasing the triggers some other time maybe tomorrow...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks guys =D i've put around 100 hours of coding, testing, experimentation, more coding, and more testing.

so everything here works 100% single-player and multi-player.. dedicated servers included

and ok i'll attempt to get it whitelisted tho i can almost guarantee they won't like the FA_ForceRespawn trigger for obvious reasons lol!

Edit: i'll post a very basic level showcasing the triggers some other time maybe tomorrow...

Force respawn could be useful in story maps that do not rely on wave counter. A TWI dev should post some more specific guide lines for white listing on top of the map testing.

Upvote 0

Maybe not, but you still have to apply these in maps, and maps have to be whitelisted aswell. So, they might aswell whitelist these triggers but if someone uses them in a map, chances are the map itself wont be whitelisted and therefor there wont be any danger, right?

Upvote 0
Ok so it doesn't quite work 100% i seemed to have overlooked a tid-bit of code....
i found a small issue in the FA_Relay_Plus that i somehow overlooked

if you have rotary on and you have TurnEventsCount 1
i forgot to add in a piece of code that will reset it back to the first entry...
it'll reset back to 0 for anything more then 1 but yea.. small issue but i figure i'll go through my code again to make certain i didn't miss anything else like that

Last edited:
Upvote 0
update 1 released i noticed a few small.. mostly harmless issues that i ought to correct..

that only issue that could actually cause some errors was the FA_Relay_plus
when you have the TurnEventsCount set to 1... mybad... enjoy..

also one last thing i looked into making the FA_storylines have more options like colors, fonts, and that Typing effect for when the text apears on screen it would require a bit of work for the Colors and Fonts but it's doable however the Typing effect is way beyond my head so unless anyone can help me out with that i wouldn't even know where to start =(

edit:
i also have another project in which you guys may find useful but it's way way beyond ready for even alpha testing. it's a level event controller i call it Level_OverMind it'll control all spawners, dynamic lights(turning them on/off), opening doors, spawning items, firing off random events, spawning strong zombies(FP, Scrakes) and it'll have them Specificall target players who are doing really well(most kills) or those who have the highest health/ammo over the rest of the players.... kind of like valve's AI-Director but mind won't be... retarded and spit out impossible amounts of strong zombies(FP/Scakes) at you =D but like i said it's Far far away from alpha testing

Last edited:
Upvote 0
bNoUnseal true Means that after it's welded it can't be unwelded

bNoExplosiveDamage no Nades, Law, Nade Launchers, Pat Rocket can damage this door. only Normal Zed Attacks can damage it.

DUDE! :eek: I have been looking for that along time ago, you just helped me to finish KF-Cabin[SV] (survival type), thx!

also I have a question, can you make trigger that can remove the zombie counter of your HUD?

Upvote 0
No Problem =D

hmmm, no idea... i havn't quite figured out how the hud actually works yet.. i was planning on making an expanded KfLevelRules type thingy.....
the main things i wanted on it was:
-option to remove that trader arrow thingy..
-option to remove money entirely.
-option to add hud widgets(addition hud pieces.. ex. mini Hud Piece for medics on the left to tell them everyone's health and mini arrows pointing their direction)
-And now i'll tack on an Option to remove That Wave Counter thingy on the top right..

edit: come to think about these options could just be a mutator... edit2: or both

Another thing i wanted to do is make another trigger type. i don't have a name for it yet but i want it to do this:
1.Player Presses use on this
2.a Interative Number Pad pops up
3.Player types in a few numbers
4.Correct Password... Fired the Event( i imagine a door)

.. Come to think about why don't i call it KeyPad_trigger

but like i said i Haven't figured out how the hud works or how it's put together.

EDIT 3:
please keep tabs on this i've been going over my code yet again. and i realized i could have done some things better. for ex. the FA_Check_Pldif's code is kind of a mess so i've been cleaning it up.

i've also been realizing a few things, while i'm in the process of making the ShowCase level for these triggers(for Showing their Use and Power) , there are a few options i want to add to some of these triggers. going back to the FA_Check_PlDif i was thinking of expanding the player count checking part. i want to allow you guys option to count Live players only or only Dead players or Both. I also want to allow you the options of Checking Live/Dead Ration rather then Straight Number Count so that way this trigger will play nice with Large Player Count/Low Player Count Levels

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No Problem =D

hmmm, no idea... i havn't quite figured out how the hud actually works yet.. i was planning on making an expanded KfLevelRules type thingy.....
the main things i wanted on it was:
-option to remove that trader arrow thingy..
-option to remove money entirely.
-option to add hud widgets(addition hud pieces.. ex. mini Hud Piece for medics on the left to tell them everyone's health and mini arrows pointing their direction)
-And now i'll tack on an Option to remove That Wave Counter thingy on the top right..

edit: come to think about these options could just be a mutator... edit2: or both

Another thing i wanted to do is make another trigger type. i don't have a name for it yet but i want it to do this:
1.Player Presses use on this
2.a Interative Number Pad pops up
3.Player types in a few numbers
4.Correct Password... Fired the Event( i imagine a door)

.. Come to think about why don't i call it KeyPad_trigger

but like i said i Haven't figured out how the hud works or how it's put together.

EDIT 3:
please keep tabs on this i've been going over my code yet again. and i realized i could have done some things better. for ex. the FA_Check_Pldif's code is kind of a mess so i've been cleaning it up.

i've also been realizing a few things, while i'm in the process of making the ShowCase level for these triggers(for Showing their Use and Power) , there are a few options i want to add to some of these triggers. going back to the FA_Check_PlDif i was thinking of expanding the player count checking part. i want to allow you guys option to count Live players only or only Dead players or Both. I also want to allow you the options of Checking Live/Dead Ration rather then Straight Number Count so that way this trigger will play nice with Large Player Count/Low Player Count Levels

I remember one of the Hive maps having a keypad a while pack. I still have the file if you want to take a look at it. ;)

Upvote 0
hmm I had an issue with KFDoorMoverPlus I used it to make it to be not weld or unweld or blow up and make it breakable for zombies but that didnt work, the welder still does the unwelding animation on the door but without effecting to it and the zombies cant break it.

kfdoorplus.jpg

Edit: oh also I made it welded already

Upvote 0
welding/unwelding animations are to be expected.. thats part of the welder code.

but hmmm zombies should still be able to break down the door with the settings you have.... i'll have that fixed in my next
update

oh yea and when i update this triggerpack i keep the name of the .u file the same so that way you don't have to redo triggers for the update.. just keep it there and copy the new version directly over the old version. easy as pie =D

so for now just keep it as is. when i release the update and you install it the settings will remain for the triggers/doors you already place so it'll be a seamless version change.

Last edited:
Upvote 0