• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Double Tap!

I remember hearing something like this, but if I recall it wasn't a specific ability to "play dead" but rather just that it's possible to knock zeds down (momentarily unconscious?) instead of them just standing upright while looking dizzy when flinched.

In a way, this can be a disadvantage to the players, as you may think you've killed a Zed and then turn your back on it.. Commandos (and anyone sharing their health-bar view, if the commando takes the requisite skill for that) will of course have an advantage here, as will anyone using excessive force or weapons that violently dismember enemies on death. (IE a berzerker can always assume that anything not in four separate pieces is probably still alive ;) )

In other ways, this can be an advantage for us:

An enemy that falls over can be momentarily ignored while other threats are dealt with, and won't block view of still-capable enemies.

They may fall into a level hazard in the process.

Firebugs can get in the habit of playing "cleaner" and torching enemy bodies; If they aren't actually dead yet, you can probably inflict a good amount of burn damage by the time they get back on their feet. (and any corpse NOT blackened can be considered "not yet inspected")

Upvote 0
"Look at my opinion haha I bet people care"

Sharing opinions is kind of the point of a forum.

Oh right. I'm pretty sure that's not unique to zombieland.

The only other place I know where double-tap is used is in Cowadoody, which refers to a perk that doubles fire rate or something. Also OP's idea is pretty much a replay of Zombieland's "double tap rule" scene.

I don't know what the hell posesses people to prefer Zombieland over Shaun of the Dead. SotD is far cleverer and doesn't reek of Hollywood teen cliche romcom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only other place I know where double-tap is used is in Cowadoody, which refers to a perk that doubles fire rate or something. Also OP's idea is pretty much a replay of Zombieland's "double tap rule" scene.
I dunno I've always just thought of double-tap as just making sure people don't get back up. Not sure where I first heard it but it wasn't Zombieland. It was also this reason that made CoD really anoyying to me that they chose the term Double-tap for increased rof, which is a terrible choice for a perk; it's like "Oh my MP5 has the cyclic rate of a PPSH because I'm just that good"

Upvote 0
I don't know what the hell posesses people to prefer Zombieland over Shaun of the Dead. SotD is far cleverer and doesn't reek of Hollywood teen cliche romcom.

Why not like both? Just because someone enjoys one thing, doesn't mean that they can't enjoy something else. And I don't know how sotd got into this; but okay.

Sharing opinions is kind of the point of a forum.

As is telling people that their opinions are wrong or stupid, apparently.

Upvote 0
Apparently bigger zeds can play dead, and will spring up if you get close or turn around.

So remember the double tap rule! Although if a fleshpound is playing dead (if that's a thing) it would probably take a few more taps.

If this is true, golly! That would be really great. I wonder if this happens on all difficulties.

Firebugs can get in the habit of playing "cleaner" and torching enemy bodies; If they aren't actually dead yet, you can probably inflict a good amount of burn damage by the time they get back on their feet. (and any corpse NOT blackened can be considered "not yet inspected")

Yes, I like this.

I hope that Firebugs can keep the ground burning for a longer period this time round, acting as areas of denial and to toast Zeds that are merely pretending.

Also,

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
And so does Call of Duty, but it's still an opinion.
Well, that happens to be another hard fact right there.

I remember hearing something like this, but if I recall it wasn't a specific ability to "play dead" but rather just that it's possible to knock zeds down (momentarily unconscious?) instead of them just standing upright while looking dizzy when flinched.
Well, that will make things interesting. You can still see people playing on HoE who have inexplicable difficulty in scoring second shot on a scrake with xbow while he stands perfectly still, now imagine scrake that falls to the ground and gets up... :D hope to god that KF2 will not have the same headshot zone issues as KF...

In any way, firebug torching a laying scrake seems like a "great" idea...

Upvote 0