• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Doom2 Remake Pack beta/test version

Haha I guess there is not many people that can appreciate this like us who played Doom back when it came out. Me and 5 other people played through all 13 of your maps. We loved it, being Doom fans. These maps are a lot more challenging than say your kf-gas-station or kf-concert-hall or whatever.

Most people seem to be upset about the path finding with your doom set. Its no issue for us. it just means we have to go look for them which can bring a added challenge instead of waiting for them to come to us.

But yeah, we loved the maps, and all of us @ BWH server hopes you will finish the rest. We even made a video for your map pack. haha

YouTube - Killing Floor : Doom 2 Map Pack

Keep it up, we will be waiting for the rest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
glad you liked it. i havent had mutch time to work on them yet. but ye i changed the traders added some posters of old doom covers. so u got something to look at wen you have to wait the next wave to start. still got lots work to do before they ever will get whitelisted. about the law in map01 i have made it a sealed door u gotta unweld it.

Small question would u guys like it more if i leaved the keys in there or remove them for better kf exsperience.

also still looking for a wayaround some lifts in the doom maps. anyway for update on my progress u should check my blog;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
glad you liked it. i havent had mutch time to work on them yet. but ye i changed the traders added some posters of old doom covers. so u got something to look at wen you have to wait the next wave to start. still got lots work to do before they ever will get whitelisted. about the law in map01 i have made it a sealed door u gotta unweld it.

Small question would u guys like it more if i leaved the keys in there or remove them for better kf exsperience.

also still looking for a wayaround some lifts in the doom maps. anyway for update on my progress u should check my blog;)
We think you should keep the keys, it makes it more fun on the first wave for us as we have to figure out the map hah, but i could see this being a issue for pub servers that have no coordination.

Are you planning to finish the rest of the doom 2 maps or just keep the ones you have now?

Upvote 0
I absolutely love this map pack, sooo nostalgic, and quite fun to play through in KF.
How did you do these? Simply amazing!
Every chance I get, I try to persuade the guys on Bob's Whorehouse to do a run of the map pack from 1 - 32(its the only server I've seen running these)
I really hope you do more of the levels, maye even some from doom1 would be fun. or heretic.

Upvote 0
well i only wanted to make the first 5 maps then some guys told me do the 10 then i made 10 + include some bonus wolfenstein maps. i dont have plan on making more but i might make a tutorial on how to make the doom maps. so people continue it:D

Dude if you post a tutorial i'll be spiting out heretic maps like a meth head spits teeth, and yeah keep the keys in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ohhh, more lovely doomy madness, definately grabbing this pack, I enjoy hunting for my specimens.

When am I going to be able to kill specimens in the first level of mario brothers.
When you learn to map possibly?

And where is my flash remake of Killing Floor.
I KNOW RIGHT! I placed an order for KF to be ported the Game Gear, it must have got lost with yours. I even ordered a side of fries with mine too!

Upvote 0
Excellent concept, however some of the maps were virtually unplayable, such as the pit.

If you've attempted to play it you'll soon figure out why.

I've really enjoyed playing the levels so far however.

I would recommend on the wolfenstein levels adding traders at all extremities of the map.

On the first one, you basically start in one area and never really come back to it because there's no need to, which seems like kind of a waste to me.

As far as linear maps go, they do prove to be MUCH more challenging.

However I believe a doom 2 map such as suburbs or downtown (especially suburbs!) would be great because they're wide open and virtually every area is accessible, and yet it has structures where you can fight your way into, or out of, if you need to regroup after being routed by a bunch of specimens.

Upvote 0
This is amazing dude. Really great work! I've been waiting for more doom maps to come out as I've played the hell out of Doom2 and that DOOMed map that's out.

My suggestions would be:
-Make them story based (linear) like CandleSmoke. You could ask the dudes who made that map for tips. I know Fel even wrote a tutorial on linear map making. I think it's on the KF wiki.
-Keep in the key doors, but instead of color keys, put switches where each key is located in the original Doom. The switch would open the respected door. This will make the players have to search and move about the level.
-Put the trader near the end, so you cannot get to her until the last wave. Put in ammo and weapon spawns as your work around the level. You could even put items in very similar areas as the original.
-It would be awesome (though i don't think possible) if after the final wave, you'd get trader time, then the server would travel to the new map keeping all your stuff.

If that last thing isn't possible, you could put a few Doom levels end-to-end and the players would play through the chunk of them at a time. This would make the linear story-based way worth while.

Frothy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there is already a storymode Mut contain all 10maps +map 30 31 32 marco dit a really nice job on it follow the link witch also has a function to versus :)
or u can test them on my server. just vote for doombegin.server im trying to get them all whitelisted for now map 01 and 02 are whitelisted. i also submitted map07 but it failed since they said it was easy to camp so need to fix some issue there. i dint include keycards since that will make alot of problems. with zombie pathing. keydoors are now normal weldable doors. if u want 100% doom feeling u should try the doom mutator with the maps it got keycards doom monsters weapons.

Upvote 0
Yeah i've seen that Doom mut. But I really like the idea of Killing Floor ZEDs and weapons within Doom maps and music. The meshing of the two is freaking awesome.

The KF community in general seems to hold a lot of Doom fans. I think a story/mission map similar to candlesmoke or Hive, but that is of the a few doom maps stitched together (two or three as one level) would be sweeeeeet.

Upvote 0