• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Don't be angry Tripwire, but...

Darrosquall

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
I know that you don't have a release date to share with us, neither a date for the large closed beta, but...

1)How many maps you completed?Can you give a percentage?For instance, the game is completed at 70 per cent, less, more? :D

2) I think that a weekly update can calm people, it is not a waste of time, don't you think?

3)I read that new material will be showed maybe at E3, this is a bad news, I'm hoping that the game is ready for sale for that time...

4)Do you know when gametrailer publish the new videos direct feed?

Thank you for the attention, please answer. :D

I know that you don't have a release date to share with us, neither a date for the large closed beta, but...

1)How many maps you completed?Can you give a percentage?For instance, the game is completed at 70 per cent, less, more? :D

2) I think that a weekly update can calm people, it is not a waste of time, don't you think?

3)I read that new material will be showed maybe at E3, this is a bad news, I'm hoping that the game is ready for sale for that time...

4)Do you know when gametrailer publish the new videos direct feed?

Thank you for the attention, please answer. :D

I highly doubt they'll be done by E3. (early June)

Upvote 0
I think that rather than spending time writing and editing update news for every week, devs should spend that time for actual game making.

They've been making the game since 2006, spending a few mins. on a weekly update can't slow things down anymore than it is just now.

Upvote 0
As much as I want them to announce more information its a damned if you damned if you don't situation. Sure everyone would be happy that there is more information. Then some how anything announced was a promise by TW to add a feature or get the game out sooner then when its ready. I would hope that would hold back on rehashing the same information and just announce when its ready.

Upvote 0
EARLY release

very glichy, half of the models/sounds/skins done. lags.
they release many patches to get the game 100% done

IGN makes another review saying RO2 sucks (they siad ro1 sucked becaeu it was TO releastic....thats the MAIN POINT of ro, to be realistic). when tripwire gets the full game out threw patches, IGN will not update the review, causing many people to not buy ro2.

late release

very polished and bug free. no lag, IGN might make a accurate review... many peopel buy and play RO2, and hopefully a few years later, RO3 on tripwires own engine becaue tehy made SO mutch money form RO2. lol

a release date or a q2 or q3 would be nice. a 90% done would be harder to do. what pulls mroe weight? codeing, scripting, modeling, sounds, music, skinning ETC?

however, we need a release date. i have a 1977 chevy with a 400 small block that gets 8MPG. i have to knwo for a few months so i cna save up money. that truck needs so mutch work. and gas at 3.31 per gallon in montana is not very fun at 8 MPG! and my computer is perty mutch worn out. the CPU is from 2005 and has been abused perty mutch every day. (running games liek crysis/metro 2033 on max DX10 and makign the CPU hit 100% is hard on it) it randomly locks up. either way (ram/mobo/PSU) i have to replace the whoel system, as replacing one part needs a faster onther part to work right/bottel necks the faster part ETC.

realisign a beta in late april/early may would be nice. woudl give time for people to try out the tanks. and if anythign is wrong, TW can change it before its to late.

if the game released april 26...tehy are alreay doen with teh code, and are jsut makign cds and shippign cds to stores!

Upvote 0
EARLY release

IGN makes another review saying RO2 sucks (they siad ro1 sucked becaeu it was TO releastic....thats the MAIN POINT of ro, to be realistic). when tripwire gets the full game out threw patches, IGN will not update the review, causing many people to not buy ro2.

late release

very polished and bug free. no lag, IGN might make a accurate review... many peopel buy and play RO2, and hopefully a few years later, RO3 on tripwires own engine becaue tehy made SO mutch money form RO2. lol

a release date or a q2 or q3 would be nice. a 90% done would be harder to do. what pulls mroe weight? codeing, scripting, modeling, sounds, music, skinning ETC?

however, we need a release date. i have a 1977 chevy with a 400 small block that gets 8MPG. i have to knwo for a few months so i cna save up money. that truck needs so mutch work. and gas at 3.31 per gallon in montana is not very fun at 8 MPG! and my computer is perty mutch worn out. the CPU is from 2005 and has been abused perty mutch every day. (running games liek crysis/metro 2033 on max DX10 and makign the CPU hit 100% is hard on it) it randomly locks up. either way (ram/mobo/PSU) i have to replace the whoel system, as replacing one part needs a faster onther part to work right/bottel necks the faster part ETC.

realisign a beta in late april/early may would be nice. woudl give time for people to try out the tanks. and if anythign is wrong, TW can change it before its to late.

if the game released april 26...tehy are alreay doen with teh code, and are jsut makign cds and shippign cds to stores!

No offense... but am I the only one finding it a pain in the *** (exagerated) to read? 'alreay'; seriously check it at least once...

But I agree with the post above; is everyone in the world becoming impatient as hell? Is this the first sign of the zombie-creating virus?
Just play RO1 and some games which are coming out now?
Or like me; Start with building a tank (T34/85) while I wait for ROHOS (scale 27:1)

Upvote 0
Where yours, and many others logic fails, is with the extremes. I don't think it has to be either... "DO YOU WANT IT ALL MESSED UP!! OR PERFECT!!!"

Why does it always come to that argument.. it's lame.

I want the game without being full of bugs, of course.. I'm sure everyone does..

but I would still rather have the game. If it takes another year to get out all the bugs... really? Release, and fix the bugs with updates.

RO was so full of bugs, and it is STILL playable.. even with the large number of well known and documented bugs.

I don't want it unplayable, but I want to be able to enjoy it as soon as I can.

Saying that, I think asking TWI to do weekly updates is stupid, let them work. In the end, it gets released whenever they say, no matter how much we ***** or make logically sound arguments. :IS2:

So whats your point? You dont like the argument of bringing the game out to soon but you want it now?:confused:
I would be happy if I could play it now, but it

Upvote 0
EARLY release

late release

Are you living in Disney Land or something?

A game will never ever be bug free or perfect and there is such a thing as development taking too long. I am not saying this is the case with RO2 but prolonging a game too much can hurt the devs, publishers and players.

Stop with this black and white thing and start seeing the world for what it is.

Upvote 0
30 minutes for an weekly post to say the progress..

I doubt much goes on in a week for there to be anything interesting. Stuff like "We fixed that crash bug when Germans win the map" or "A new bug was created causing graphical issues", or "we updated a few textures" would be interesting.

For there to be any real progress (features implemented, maps made) would probably take many weeks.

Just a waste of time.

Upvote 0
:p Take one of these, then post:

Ritalin.jpg

Upvote 0
We'll get the game when we get it. Grin and bear, grin and bear.

i have a 1977 chevy with a 400 small block that gets 8MPG. i have to knwo for a few months so i cna save up money. that truck needs so mutch work. and gas at 3.31 per gallon in montana is not very fun at 8 MPG!

Solution; buy a Honda Civic.

Oh wait... Montana...

Upvote 0