• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Donating Weapons

[UIT] Akame

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2009
My own personal hell
How are other people's experience with getting the donating tier 3 weapons achievement? I have yet to get a single one yet, and all of the other achievements work fine.

It's a bit ambiguous as to what it considered a tier 3 weapon. SCAR, AA12, and EBR, clearly, but what about chainsaw (a special weapon), katana (a melee weapon), flamethrower (since the MAC10 is now a primary), pipebombs and M32 (since they are both special), MP7 (also special)?

I've been trying to get it with the assumption that all special weapons are tier 3, and have tried all of the with a group of pubs and with a friend.

I got this achievement fairly easily earlier today, while playing as a Lvl 5 Commando.

I just told everyone I was trying to get the achievement, and started dropping SCARs outside the Trader. "SCARs for everyone!" I said. "There's only one condition: you have to kill something with it."

It only took a few waves. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's really buggy. I was dropping around 20 xbows, always got used, yet didn't get a single one to it. Then tried solo and got it cuz dropped my flamethrower and picked up after changing class to Suporter. But I think it counts ONLY if you FINNISH the map a.k.a kill teh Zanta :)

I don't think the Xbow is a tier 3 weapon, oddly enough. I think it's only the M14EBR, AA-12, and the SCAR-MK17.

Upvote 0
It's really buggy. I was dropping around 20 xbows, always got used, yet didn't get a single one to it. Then tried solo and got it cuz dropped my flamethrower and picked up after changing class to Suporter. But I think it counts ONLY if you FINNISH the map a.k.a kill teh Zanta :)

I was dropping around 20 xbows,

20 xbows,

Well there's your problem.

The AA12, M14, SCAR and maybe the M32 now are considered Tier 3 weapons viable for this achievement. The Xbow is a Tier 2, despite its power.

:)

And i got it today on Normal, since my friends were playing on that difficulty.

Everyone was giving everyone weapons, and we got the achievement since everyone was trying to help each other get it.

Communication between people, and a common goal can get sh.. things done.

Upvote 0