Donating Weapons

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[UIT] Akame

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
My own personal hell
How are other people's experience with getting the donating tier 3 weapons achievement? I have yet to get a single one yet, and all of the other achievements work fine.

It's a bit ambiguous as to what it considered a tier 3 weapon. SCAR, AA12, and EBR, clearly, but what about chainsaw (a special weapon), katana (a melee weapon), flamethrower (since the MAC10 is now a primary), pipebombs and M32 (since they are both special), MP7 (also special)?

I've been trying to get it with the assumption that all special weapons are tier 3, and have tried all of the with a group of pubs and with a friend.

Geressen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 14, 2010
I got 1 out of 3 ... got it on solo when i accidentally dropped the AA-12 and switched classes

...yeah, i thought it meant weapons on the #3 button so i've been trying to give out rifles and shotguns but no progress there in any way.

Spicy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 8, 2010
New England, the Newer England
I'm 2/3 there at the moment. Gave a SCAR to a level 2 Commando and an AA12 to a level 1 Support. Just use your level 5-6 discount and find a low-ranked player eager to use the big guns. :D

sierra88

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 15, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I thought it was all weapons under the "4" key, but I only have 2/3 even after dropping several hunting shotguns. I think I got it for dropping SCAR's.

I would love to see a list of tier 3 weapons on the kf-wiki page...

drfeelgoodmd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 13, 2009
I know the AA-12 is a Tier 3. I'm not sure what is for the firebug. I assume M14 EBR for SS.

Support = AA-12

SS= M14 EBR

Commando = Scar

Bezerker = ?

Firebug = ?

Demo = ?

Medic = I assume not one?

C_Gibby

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 18, 2010
I'm 2/3 there at the moment. Gave a SCAR to a level 2 Commando and an AA12 to a level 1 Support. Just use your level 5-6 discount and find a low-ranked player eager to use the big guns. :D

I've actually done the exact same thing.

I love giving. <3

Starsky

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2010

I did pretty much the same thing. Just joined a normal game as lvl 6 Commando and bought SCAR's for 3 people, got the achievement in one game :)

D-Es-C-H

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 15, 2006
I got this achievement fairly easily earlier today, while playing as a Lvl 5 Commando.

I just told everyone I was trying to get the achievement, and started dropping SCARs outside the Trader. "SCARs for everyone!" I said. "There's only one condition: you have to kill something with it."

It only took a few waves. :)

Last edited:

BenioX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 20, 2010
Poland
www.youtube.com
It's really buggy. I was dropping around 20 xbows, always got used, yet didn't get a single one to it. Then tried solo and got it cuz dropped my flamethrower and picked up after changing class to Suporter. But I think it counts ONLY if you FINNISH the map a.k.a kill teh Zanta :)

Freshmeat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2010
No, we got it by getting SCARs for one another last night a couple of times. I got the last two of my three giveaways in one map, and had to leave at wave 5.

Merin Redplate

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Horzine Mailroom
It's really buggy. I was dropping around 20 xbows, always got used, yet didn't get a single one to it. Then tried solo and got it cuz dropped my flamethrower and picked up after changing class to Suporter. But I think it counts ONLY if you FINNISH the map a.k.a kill teh Zanta :)

I don't think the Xbow is a tier 3 weapon, oddly enough. I think it's only the M14EBR, AA-12, and the SCAR-MK17.

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC

I was dropping around 20 xbows,

20 xbows,

Well there's your problem.

The AA12, M14, SCAR and maybe the M32 now are considered Tier 3 weapons viable for this achievement. The Xbow is a Tier 2, despite its power.

:)

And i got it today on Normal, since my friends were playing on that difficulty.

Everyone was giving everyone weapons, and we got the achievement since everyone was trying to help each other get it.

Communication between people, and a common goal can get sh.. things done.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
It does or I wouldn't have the achievement :)