• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Doh, What are the chances!

If I recall correctly aircraft carosene burns at ~1400K while normal household equipment burn at ~1100K at those temperatures the 300K difference effects the ductility of the steel alot.

But the steel beams in a sky scraper shoul have a type of foam on it to protect it from the heat of fires.
A plausible explenation could be that the foam was aged (stuff like that needs to be replaced from time to time) in combination with being scraped of by the aircraft flying trough big parts of the building.

I'm not 100% sure about the temperatures I gave here but I do know that aircraft carosene burns hotter then most office supplies / household equippment.

Upvote 0
the WTC was unlike any other building ever built, unlike the extremely strong, extremely heavy and space constrictive block type building ( squares of iron beams form the structure ) the WTC was built with a internal core support and a external structural support, with floors being suspended between each with steel trusses

so unlike a regular structure, there isn't much redundancy in the WTC structure, so that when the steel trusses' connections to the inside ( I believe the inside structures were compromised more than the outer structure, as that makes sense because the rebuttal to the ductile steel discounts nuts and bolts being sheared off and the internal structures being weakened by fire, which i find to be a glaring oversight in the rebuttal ) and outer structures was compromised ( situation only exascerbated by the burning fuel ) and collapsed from the inside.

it may have been a floor by floor event, each floor resting on the next until the structures were unable to cope with the stresses

then again you have one side of the building, with most of the load bearing structure being destroyed by the impact, you know, an enormous hole will weaken any structure, ESPECIALLY one with NO redundancy in the load bearing structures

{EDIT} that's my take on it.

Upvote 0
IIRC, the WTC was build in a way that it would collapse in itself and not to flip over, burrying other houses beneath. There are some theories, that if te WTC had been build the other way, the planes would not have been able to collapse them.

And concerning building 7: I guess that it was a mixture of debris, the vibration caused by thousands of tonnes of steel and concrete collapsing and the quite forcefull airwave originating from the collapse taht made that building collapse.

Upvote 0
-SemperFi-Jenova said:
micheal moore made them collapse so he could make more money on a biased documentary.
Then its wierd none of his films ever show any of the collapses..;)

Speaking of that guy and his biases, any of you seen this clip recently? Funny how the truth was so unpopular only two years ago..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BicycleRepairMan said:
Speaking of that guy and his biases, any of you seen this clip recently? Funny how the truth was so unpopular only two years ago..

Civilians killed:
([FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]In the current occupation phase the database includes all deaths which the Occupying Authority has a binding responsibility to prevent under the Geneva Conventions and Hague Regulations. This includes civilian deaths resulting from the breakdown in law and order, and deaths due to inadequate health care or sanitation.)[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono][SIZE=+3]27,354
[/SIZE][/FONT]WMDs found:
[SIZE=+3][FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]0

[/FONT][/SIZE]
Told you so. ;D

Last edited:
Upvote 0