• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Doesn't Get Past the Splash Screen...

I loaded up XP on my other machine which has an e8500 core2duo. Game starts and was able to enter servers. It seems that most that I have seen post on this problem have core2duo AND Win 7. Is it possible some combination of the 2 since it seems to work on XP?
thats the thing, i have a 1 core CPU

here are my specs.
AMD Athlon II X4 635 Processor
Radeon HD 4650
6GB RAM
Win7 64-bit

Upvote 0
I loaded up XP on my other machine which has an e8500 core2duo. Game starts and was able to enter servers. It seems that most that I have seen post on this problem have core2duo AND Win 7. Is it possible some combination of the 2 since it seems to work on XP?

I have a core 2 duo E8400 (running @3.6) .. Win. XP Pro and the game won't get past the splash screen. (No matter how long I let it set there)
4 gigs of ram
GTX 275 graphics .. everything updated.

So I guess that kills the core 2 duo .. Win. 7 theory!

Can run every other game without a problem.

Upvote 0
Why dont we get a single piece of information about the current state of the problem? The game has been out for one week and a lot of people can hardly start it.

I think this one is pretty hard to solve because the lack of information is given from the engine. In my opinion maybe they should start solving this problem by creating external debug launcher what gives more detailed information from the starting process.

Overall it would have been much better choice for developers to start closed beta way sooner and few months earlier before the release open beta. This way all these problems might have been found before initial release. It didn't encourage me enough to buy deluxe pre order to start playing only few weeks earlier.

Upvote 0
Said this several times in different threads. The release was in my opinion too rushed. The game in its current state needs at least 4 weeks until it is "much better". I understand that TW is not a big company and putting the release back again would be pretty (probably too ) expensive for TW so they released the game in the current state.

Anyway this problems seem to exist since the first patch for the release version. I dont expect TW to give me a magic answer to the problem but what I expect is a good level of communication that shows you that TW is:

aware of the problem.
actually working on it.

So much for that.

Upvote 0
Hi chaps,

Yesterday's patch actually seems to have solved the problem for me. It launched first time and didn't have the rogame.exe problem and I exited a couple of times and re-launched the game. I got a few hours in until it locked up on me requiring a cold reboot. I don't know what was in the patch that solved it but maybe I'll be back to square one again this evening as this has happened twice before with patches breaking it and then temporarily fixing it. If there anything in the patch that I can explorer to help then point me in the right direction and I'll see if I can identify the file/s or setting that have changed.

Kind regards

Aces

Upvote 0
This was working for Homefront, another UE3 game, try it!

Right-click RO2 in your Steam Library
Select Properties
Ensure that you are in the General tab
Click Set Launch Options
Add -d3d9 and -onethread (So that it looks like this: -d3d9 -onethread).
Press OK and close RO2’s Properties window.
Start RO2.

*untested*

And of course make sure you have updated your graphics card drivers, DirectX and PhysX and that you run the UE3Redist EXE as Administrator!

Last edited:
Upvote 0