• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Do what you did with Rising storm, With tanks

gimpy117

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Michigan
so, I hear tell that tanks take a lot of time (and money) to develop. So, Why not do what we did with red orchestra 2: Rising Storm and make a team and an Add-on pack for the tank maps. For example:

Add many tanks to the game: KV-1, T-34/85, Tiger, Stug, SU-76 etc. as well as some tank maps specifically for these (maybe re-do some of the classics). Like Rising storm, allow tankers to play as a rifleman or just a T-34/76 and Panzer 4 (along with the supposed upcoming lighter tanks) for free, but if they want anything else they need to buy the pack

I would also love to see these tanks treated as an "loadout" so as to have the different tanks in a map limited as a class (so maps aren't dominated by 32 Tiger I's VS. 32 IS-2's)

Depending on the scope of the pack I would also love to see some of the classic "vehicle mods" to the game added as official content...these would be things like a Lend Lease Jeep (that could also be added to RS) for the soviets and a Kubelwagen for the germans (and maybe those darn motorcycles too) so we can encourage more mobile infantry as well

I'm not going to support any 'vehicle' DLC aslong as the tanks and APCs that you still promise as free "after release content" aren't in the game.

Has it always said this on the overview page? I mean since before and at release time?

"New vehicles: We will roll out new vehicles for the game, including new tanks as well as armored transports."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Has it always said this on the overview page? I mean since before and at release time?

"New vehicles: We will roll out new vehicles for the game, including new tanks as well as armored transports."
I think so, it did the first time i checked
I'm not going to support any 'vehicle' DLC aslong as the tanks and APCs that you still promise as free "after release content" aren't in the game.

Even if they did what they did with rising storm and gave you the Panzer III and T-70(I think that's what they said, can't remember and to lazy to check) and restricted the others until you payed for the DLC like they did with the rifleman role in Rising Storm? That would be ideal IMO.

Upvote 0
Well, rather than getting upset about not getting the "promised free content", I would rather pay for DLC if it meant the game would live on and possibly reach its full potential. There IS a very good game still inside RO2.

Would paying for DLC make me happy? No!
Would new content make me happy? Yes!

Would paying full price for a new RO3 make me happy? No!
would new content for RO2 make me happy? yes!

Would watching TWI quit supporting RO2 due to lack of cash make me happy? No!

See the pattern here?

Upvote 0
Well, rather than getting upset about not getting the "promised free content", I would rather pay for DLC if it meant the game would live on and possibly reach its full potential. There IS a very good game still inside RO2.

See the pattern here?

I agree. At this point, paid DLC seems to be a necessary evil. Video game production cost has gone up exponentially year after year and it seems that paid DLC is how companies have decided to compensate that cost. Unfortunately, this has also had the side effect of many publishers nickel and diming their customers. I trust TWI wouldn't do that and price this sort of DLC very reasonably.

Upvote 0

See the pattern here?

I agree. At this point, paid DLC seems to be a necessary evil. Video game production cost has gone up exponentially year after year and it seems that paid DLC is how companies have decided to compensate that cost. Unfortunately, this has also had the side effect of many publishers nickel and diming their customers. I trust TWI wouldn't do that and price this sort of DLC very reasonably.
Agree with both posts here. TWI has always been more than reasonable in there pricing.

Upvote 0
Ramm has said before that RO2 has cost them millions to develop. There's no exact number on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has already cost them a lot more than developing RO1 had.

Lots more. RO 1 was developed on a shoestring budget and built on top of "freely" developed mod work that was in development for up to 5 years. RO 2 cost millions of dollars to develop and we have spent significant amounts more since its release on the patches, content updates and Rising Storm expansion development.

As far as our future developments, something like this isn't out of the question. Right now I think we'll be in a position where I can lay out our current future plans in the next few weeks (if all goes well) to give the player base a roadmap of what we are trying to work towards.

Upvote 0