• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Do real world tatics actually work in the game?

How about we all make a pledge to at least try to get our teammates who have VOIP to wokr tactically with us? Considering the fanbase for RO is a bit more mature and patient I think you might see it work more often than in other games. It just requires people to get the guts to actually ask. Granted, I would never ask something like this in a BF2 or CS:S pub. "Team up and use tactics? Wtf are you talking about just shoot people!" But this game is different.

Upvote 0
Gatecrasher said:
"Team up and use tactics? Wtf are you talking about just shoot people!" But this game is different.

One of the moderators on FPSAdmin, GaSplat, calls them 'smacktards'. The problem is that most of the servers I've played on have these types...the run-and-gunners. I agree that this is NOT that type of game, but I believe that it will be difficult to overcome the mindset of "blast everything in sight". You just have to be selective about your servers, and the players you play with. And, as I said it can get pretty boring when your team has ITS act together and the opposition doesn't...its like a hot knife through butter.

Upvote 0
I once said we need to stop running at the enemy and lay down a good base of fire and people told me that would do nothing.. we lost the match

no one wants to rally
no one wants to break up into small teams..

yes iam in a squad to stop this but if they are not on i have to deal with alot of people not playing as a team just hope everyone trys to work as a taem alittle more.

Upvote 0