• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do not edit the original packages

Moz

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
You do not edit RO:O texture packages, sound packages, model packages, code packages, map packages or any packages. (.u, .ut2, .utx, .uax, .umx, .uz2, .uxx, .usx)

If you feel the need to edit RO:O content extract it and reimport it into a new package.

Edited Actor (code) is always Subclassed not duplicated.

Doing any of this instantly breaks your online compatiblity not to mention is very easy to break the game.

-

ALWAYS STAY ON THE GRID WITH BSP. ALWAYS. DON'T EVER GO OFF THE GRID.
8 units is as small as you usually can safely go.

32, 64, 96, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 are Safe numbers
62.321 is not

UnrealEd does not use 360 degrees.

UnrealWiki knows all

The UnrealEd goblin has ways of punishing offenders.

-

This list is subject to change as more hairbrain problems arise.

Last edited:
Just a quick correction. Modifying the RO packages extracted by the SDK really shouldn't have any effect on the game, as the game will use the ones in the Steam cache, not the extracted ones. Also, as Moz said its best not to modify the source unrealscript code directly, rather you should subclass it. As I said elsewhere, if you're doing anything above a small mutator, use the mod architecture with your own subfolder.

Upvote 0
I have the following problem:

When I close down ROed after playing one of my own maps or surfing through an original RO:O map ROed asks me to save changes to package0, package1, ...packageX.

I've taken Moz's advice and alway cancel the saves but I don't know why ROed is even prompting me to save, especially when I haven't made any changes to a map.

If I open a map and surf through it, am I making changes I don't konw about?

Upvote 0